ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 rear discs and pads advice

Flame red 172
Hey guys,

I been advised by the garange a couple of times now that my rear discs and pads are knackered so as im doing combe next month im looking into getting them replaced.

Because im getting lazier as i get older, i decided to go and get a quote at a garage for the work. £250 for parts and £50 for labour!! I was a little shocked!

Now i know that I can get the discs and pads alot cheaper on here (only looking for standard ones) the garage were telling me nigtmare stories about having issues with bearings and fittings kits etc etc, however theres a guide on here which makes it look dead simple.

So basically im thinking about doing this myself to save me some £££. Can anybody confirm whether its as easy as the guide makes out, or give me some pointers of things that might go wrong or to look out for.

Cheers,

Adam

if you struggle mate, being as were basically neighbours, let me know. its pretty straight forward and can always wander round to give you a hand.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Its very easy - just make sure you get the washer on the right way round or it will crack when you tighten the hub nut.

260% JCW
You can get all the genuine parts from Wests Renault. £118 inc deliv on Ebay. Take them to the garage and get them to fit them. Or fit them your self, all you need is some basic tools. Easy job

Flame red 172
cheers guys, i was planning on getting then from Wests Renault. do these ones have the bearings pressed into the discs already?

did mine the other day as well, using Wests supplied discs - just go straight on

you need a 30mm socket and a torque wrench that'll go to 175Nm, and should (really) renew the hub nuts, as they've a nylock insert (although i've just reused mine with threadlock - hoping that'll be alright..)