ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 race rally car immobilizer removale?

transit van, ph2 172
building a rally car and need to run std ecu what do you guys do about getting rid of the immobilizer?

172 Rally Car
Weight saving?

its a decoder ring on the ignition barrel it probably weighs the same as your hair!

I have kept mine on my rally car

172 Rally Car
Yeh, that's true.

I suppose it depends on what level of car you are building - if its a full spec car with a clicky box etc. then it would probably be worth it.

I felt that for the what? 3-5kg the loom weighs I removed the obvious airbag/radio cabling and left it

mine is only a mere toy though:race:

transit van, ph2 172
same here mate mine will be road rally and single venue, i guess i just want to de clutter and get rid of messy wirring etc, do you run a heater box/motor?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
If you're doing all this to a genuine competition vehicle then you'd be absolutely stupid to not use aftermarket management and drop all standard looms in favour of proper competition wiring with just the basic circuits for power, lights and cut-offs

172 Rally Car
same here mate mine will be road rally and single venue, i guess i just want to de clutter and get rid of messy wirring etc, do you run a heater box/motor?

You can hide most of the wiring behind the dash when you have removed circuits you want.

No I removed that, its quite a hefty lump plus the main reason for removing it was I didn't have control over it ( standard climate control mixed with a cup heater just didn't work, fan did - controlling the vent direction didn't!) and it got red hot inside the car so I replaced it with a T7? designs jobbie

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
You got a copy of the rules and regs to hand? I'd read into it as most people that play with the standard loom do more harm than good as they simply do not understand CAN BUS