ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 ph2 Rear exhaust bracket problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
  330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
OK so like many my rear box was sitting very low and annoying the hell out of me, after a quick look it was obvious the rear rubber was shagged so ordered a complete new bracket.

Now its fitting its sitting i tiny bit higher but you can still see a shed load of rear box. Alot more than other 172's ive seen. Any tricks or hints for hiding the git?

Standard Rear box BTW

Lots of Alfas
Theres lots of threads about this, you can try using cable ties to support the mount. You can try replacing the mid mount to give the rear more support. Or you can try inserting pieces of hose pipe or something else into the rubber holes in the mount to push the exhaust up.

Yeah as said been covered a lot, if you have an old socket set you can stick a couple of those in to give the bracket extra support.

Status
Not open for further replies.