ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 owners, show me your stereo setup!

BMW 330CI M SPORT
Title says it all!

I am looking to replace the standard unit in my 172, not sure what to go for.

I have a £100 limit and need to be able to hook my iPhone up to it (i don't play music any other way than this)

Thanks

Monaco
I bought a Alpine 101R for £70, a mutant sub and amp for £30 and an ipod cable for £6, fed through the glove box and controlled by the head unit. I recomend it...

BMW 330CI M SPORT
Cheers for the quickly reply Jack, that's a decent stereo, my mate had one of those in his A3. Have you kept the speakers standard?

With the cable, is it just a case of flicking left and right on the stereo and it goes through whatever list you have playing on the iPod/Phone?

vw bora
i'v got a Re-Q fitted to my standard head unit so i can run amps and control the bass ect off that, vibe 2way door speakers all round running off a mtx 4channell amp then for now a impulse 2000w sub and 2channel amp which sounds mint but you cant use your iphone...cant win them all thow i went for a stealth instead of a head unit as there a a few n*bs round by me but the Re-Q could be swapped for a head unit, alpines i find are normally the best for iphone/ipods

pic of the Re-Q about £100 supplied
clio5.jpg

BMW 330CI M SPORT
I never actually thought about keeping it standard and just getting an adapter, the only problem is when i bought it a standard clio tape unit had been put in, unless it came from the factory like that? so it doesn't look too cracky mate.

And the Re-Q is cool Bailey

vw bora
I never actually thought about keeping it standard and just getting an adapter, the only problem is when i bought it a standard clio tape unit had been put in, unless it came from the factory like that? so it doesn't look too cracky mate.

And the Re-Q is cool Bailey

thanks its pretty mint tbf kepps the thiefing little no life's from thinking there's a system in it ;) prob just easier to get a head unit thow mate if you only have a tape player at the mo like i say i'v always used alpine and they never let me down there a good unit

BMW 330CI M SPORT
Yeah definitely, it was between Kenwood and Alpine if i'm honest as they keep the look pretty reserved, not trying to be too fancy while at the same time being a great stereo.

I will look into an Alpine...as soon as i've re-fitted the gearbox, done the belts, sprayed all the front end and fitted a new alloy! ha