ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 owners... know your car...

Status
Not open for further replies.
how many 172 owners actually know the model of Clio they drive? i'm guessing very few, which is pretty shocking...

MK1 - remember the original Reno Clio? Like the valver? no? erm, Williams? no!? then perhaps walking into the fast lane of the M6 is the only option for you... this was and still is the original Clio if your old enough to remember 1992...

MK2 - remember when Reno decided to try to revise the Clio? yeah that's right, those lovely cutesy little bubble cars your driving are in fact known as the Mk2... see after the original Clio they made another... funnily enough it wasn't a Mk1... so they named it Mk2... yeah, confusing I know *snigger*

So what would an early 172 be then TheJesus? Well, i'll tell you, remember they came in phases? Yes that's right, the first Mk2 was and should be known as a Mk2 Phase 1... the later lardier models being Phase 2's. What did people call the Mk1 Phase 1 when the Phase 2 hadn't come out by the way...? :S

VaVa
Because you say so? Get f**ked. :mad: ;)

If you must know, according to Renaultsport in France, the Mk1 172 (as it is commonly known on here) is referred to as the RS-1.

It is not attributed a 'Mk' as it was the first Clio with Renaultsport badging.

So get your facts straight. It's not my fault you own a relic and no -one cares if it's a mk1, mk 0 or mk dull. :clown: ;)

Last edited:
TheJesus said:
how many 172 owners actually know the model of Clio they drive? i'm guessing very few, which is pretty shocking...

MK1 - remember the original Reno Clio? Like the valver? no? erm, Williams? no!? then perhaps walking into the fast lane of the M6 is the only option for you... this was and still is the original Clio if your old enough to remember 1992...

I might be missing your point entirely, but...

Surely if you are just talking about 172s...which you are according to the title and first paragraph, you have the MK2 Phase 1 which just had the 172, and then the MK2 Phase 2 ("facelift") which had the 172 (full fat) and 172 Cup.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport
But a Mk2 Phase 1 172 is still a Mk1 172 as it was the first 172 and I would personally call my car a Mk2 172.

Chad said:
But a Mk2 Phase 1 172 is still a Mk1 172 as it was the first 172 and I would personally call my car a Mk2 172.

But the original 172 wouldn't receive a "Mk" of its own as its based on a particular model of Clio (the Mk 2 Phase 1), therefore (and I'm being anal here) a Mk1 172 doesn't exist, if anything you have a Phase 1 and Phase 2 172, then a Phase 2 182.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport
ukaskew said:
But the original 172 wouldn't receive a "Mk" of its own as its based on a particular model of Clio (the Mk 2 Phase 1), therefore (and I'm being anal here) a Mk1 172 doesn't exist, if anything you have a Phase 1 and Phase 2 172, then a Phase 2 182.

You could still kinda argue with that as the RS clios are built at a seperate factory to other clios with all the other RS cars. So its a MK1 Renault Sport clio intead of a Mk2 Renault clio.

Lee

BMW M2C
For the record they aren't called RS Clios. It's RenaultSport. Renault don't abbreviate it.

Lee

BMW M2C
Mk2 Phase 1 - 172 and Exclusive
Mk2 Phase 2 - 172 and Cup
Mk2 Phase 3 - 182 Cup, 182 and Trophy

Could argue it whatever way you want, just unfortunately i'm right. Thank you Lee, can we have a model spec sheet pinned, just so people like lagerlout know what car they drive? hehe

see, even Lagerlout learned something today ;)

*hands coat and hat* lol

Lee

BMW M2C
TheJesus said:
Could argue it whatever way you want, just unfortunately i'm right. Thank you Lee, can we have a model spec sheet pinned, just so people like lagerlout know what car they drive? hehe

see, even Lagerlout learned something today ;)

*hands coat and hat* lol

And these people call themselves enthusiasts hey. Pah. ;)

BMW E46 330i Touring
End of the day, who gives a sh!t if people call their 'Mk2 Phase 1" 172 a Mk1 172? They've bought the car because they enjoy driving and are most probably enthusiasts of the Renaultsport brand....

I personally consider myself to drive a Mk1 172, whether this is right or wrong I don't care. This, however, is different to a Mk1 Clio.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
why are people getting annoied bout it....you all know that he's doing it to wind you up...and its worked

good work jesus...is quite funny actually

Not really annoyed, its just irritating that a forum about clios gets clogged up with pointless mk1 vs mk2 threads...its a clio discussion forum at the end of the day so FFS discuss them instead of bitchin'!

*mk1 owners rolls eyes*

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
i spose i agree u33db but everyone knows he posted to get a reaction so why give him one

still salute him for doing it as he tried getting a reaction and has succeded

Freebone said:
why are people getting annoied bout it....you all know that he's doing it to wind you up...and its worked

good work jesus...is quite funny actually

:D

and to the people that don't care, glad you made the time to post ;)

I was going to do a just washed, but this was more interesting I thought... especially considering how many people 'STILL' don't know what they drive... hehe

u33db said:
Not really annoyed, its just irritating that a forum about clios gets clogged up with pointless mk1 vs mk2 threads...its a clio discussion forum at the end of the day so FFS discuss them instead of b*tchin'!

*mk1 owners rolls eyes*

Thing is 99.9 % of the time the arguement is started by a mk1 owner, "Mk2's are gay", "mk2s looky girly", "why didnt they put wide 1/4s and a bonnet buldge on the 172/182", "the handling on a williams is better than a trophy" or "i cant tell the difference between a 1.2 and RS model" ...... repeat until :sleepy:

I'd agree with that but it's always the same people that bring this up. Doing a search for posts started by said topic owner its increasingly evident that he's obsessed about his mk1...is he proud that he bought a 150bhp 'monster' that apparently conquers everything on the road or simply making trying to compensate for a manhood difficency? An easy question to answer i'm sure you'll agree...

I love mk1's as much as any other sensible person but TheJesus, this is getting boring - have you nothing better to do? TBH If you put half as much effort into owning your mk1 as you did into creating threads like these you might actually have a mint example worth posting about....

u33db said:
I'd agree with that but it's always the same people that bring this up. Doing a search for posts started by said topic owner its increasingly evident that he's obsessed about his mk1...is he proud that he bought a 150bhp 'monster' that apparently conquers everything on the road or simply making trying to compensate for a manhood difficency? An easy question to answer i'm sure you'll agree...

I love mk1's as much as any other sensible person but TheJesus, this is getting boring - have you nothing better to do? TBH If you put half as much effort into owning your mk1 as you did into creating threads like these you might actually have a mint example worth posting about....

said topic owner created said thread out of boredom yes, but said topic owner seldom creates threads on here if you did actually look... and what this has anything to do with performance I don't know... :S where was there any mention of this Dougal?

sure this isn't just a case of you dislike me because I upset your boyfriend? i think you came on the wrong site, your actually looking for www.lovesstrombascock.com.

PS, I dont need to put any effort into my car, why would I? It's in fantastic condition, just dirty as f**k... that's what happens when you drive cars, they wont get dirty if they sit on your drive all the time *roll eyes* lol

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
so the only time u post on here is to try wind everyone up? Get a life Stromba mk2

sometimes, but then it's usually the same people predicatable people that bite... this threads boring blah blah blah... don't f**king read it then! lol

this place needs threads like this, it's rare a discussion ever goes past 2 pages and when it does it's usually a topic that has been covered a million times before, this ones oringinal and it's got a debate going so blow me :D

If I was Stromba MK2 i'd have threatened you with my 18 inch pythons by now and given it the "watcha gonna do!" line.

Anyway Clart, how you have room to talk on my posting patterns I have no idea, general consensus is people like you and the ghey crew ruined this place with your pushing the bounderies bullshit... so step away from the keyboard ;)

TheJesus said:
said topic owner created said thread out of boredom yes, but said topic owner seldom creates threads on here if you did actually look... and what this has anything to do with performance I don't know... :S where was there any mention of this Dougal?

sure this isn't just a case of you dislike me because I upset your boyfriend? i think you came on the wrong site, your actually looking for www.lovesstrombasc**k.com.

PS, I dont need to put any effort into my car, why would I? It's in fantastic condition, just dirty as f**k... that's what happens when you drive cars, they wont get dirty if they sit on your drive all the time *roll eyes* lol

Well as it happens i did actually check...search comes back with about 2 pages of posts this month so i'd call that a fairly frequent poster! :-s

I think you'll find i dislike you becuase you create posts such as these. You obsess over you Williams to a ludicrous degree and it appears you do the same over Stromba. If it wasn't as weird it'd be quite funny!

FFS this a CLIO forum, who gives two s***s whether its mk1 2 or 3? who cares what people call them as long as we know what they mean? At the end of the day, its a f*cking clio and thats what matters, if it isnt a clio it wouldnt be discussed here (apart from in other marques). At the end of the day this forum is for people with clios to discuss there cars, get advice and be sociable, I dont think slagging off other peoples cars, or the way people describe there cars, or other versions of cars should be allowed, and any posts doing so deleted.
The jesus, if you care so much about how people descriube there cars, what about the mk1 described as VTEC?? It isnt vtec, its not a honda engine, and only honda make VTEC engines. Yet people dont mind that because it describes the charecteristics of his car. So why should we care that someone calls there 172 a mk1 172? It describes perfectly well which car they are talking abnout, does it not? I think i've made my point.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
TheJesus said:
sometimes, but then it's usually the same people predicatable people that bite... this threads boring blah blah blah... don't f**king read it then! lol

this place needs threads like this, it's rare a discussion ever goes past 2 pages and when it does it's usually a topic that has been covered a million times before, this ones oringinal and it's got a debate going so blow me :D

If I was Stromba MK2 i'd have threatened you with my 18 inch pythons by now and given it the "watcha gonna do!" line.

Anyway Clart, how you have room to talk on my posting patterns I have no idea, general consensus is people like you and the ghey crew ruined this place with your pushing the bounderies bullsh*t... so step away from the keyboard ;)

So me and my ghey crew have ruined cliosport? yeah ok! Don't see much ghey talk round here anymore, don't u know its hetro's only?

Oh and if u don't like what I post "don't fuckin read it then":boring: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.