ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Modification suggestions

Clio 172 Sport
Hi I am picking up my 172 this week and scanning through the posts has got me thinking about what mods barring better tyres should I get, I prefer the sleeper look so no gutter pipe exhausts.

thanks for all your anticipated help.

Seat Ibiza
Hello,

I like subtle mods too mate, I have done;
Skoda splitter
Silvervisions
Clear side repeaters
Aero wiper blades
Whiteline ARB

And a decent service always helps along the way.

All they really need externally is lowering a fair bit on the standard wheels and a decent splitter, then just keeping it tidy. Oh and a newer style rear RenaultSport badge as the old one looks crap.

182ff
Hi ,my 172 with a few basic mods;
182 wheels
silvertec bulbs
skoda splitter
clear side repeaters
and loads of polish!
014.jpg015.jpg016.jpg

Last edited:
Imo make sure the cars in good condition ie nothing worn.

Make sure the service etc is uptoday

And enjoy the car best upgrade you can ever do is to enjoy it /lean to use the car better ie track days skid pans etc.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yup, as above, Cambelt.....? decent tyres, by that I mean branded, possible suspension overhaul, including bushes. Should see you right. Some eibach pros are good

Clio 172 Sport
Have just picked up my new 172 and impressed is an understatement, I love it and it feels a great little handling car as standard but as a few people have suggested the eibach sportlines I wondered what the effect would be on ride quality with a 30mm drop. Thanks for all the suggestions they have been very helpfull.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Nope they tighten it up a bit, but not crashy or anything. Also they lower about 20, 30mm is optimistic :)

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
As above really, keep it simple. I'm not one for modding so all I have are clear side repeaters and aero wipers. Then upgrade the brakes when the current ones are worn out. I've been looking at Brembo high carbon discs and brembo pads this morning. Next time my brakes need doing I'll be getting them.

Those with an ARB, is it worth £175? Can you tell?

172 cup- suzu rf600r
Rubber lowering it, mint standard looks best these days in my opinion

Favourite mod of mine is the blue dash conversion, cheap, oem look, lovely ;)

Big monies!! bet they're awesome!!

I love them as long as I avoid potholes lol :).

As above really, keep it simple. I'm not one for modding so all I have are clear side repeaters and aero wipers. Then upgrade the brakes when the current ones are worn out. I've been looking at Brembo high carbon discs and brembo pads this morning. Next time my brakes need doing I'll be getting them.

Those with an ARB, is it worth £175? Can you tell?

I love my arb too. Certainly makes a difference on the track

Rubber lowering it, mint standard looks best these days in my opinion

Favourite mod of mine is the blue dash conversion, cheap, oem look, lovely ;)

I put Sportlines on my car as they are better springs then original Cup springs. And after a lot of research Sportlines were the better option rather the prolines as I do some track days.

172 cup
Matched inlets improves MPG, slight power gain and smoother drive. Got a set for sale in my breaking thread if your interested

PB Clio 172
you only need to do small things with these cars ! I love the oe renault badge I wouldnt change that cause if was there from standard so why change it i say ! :)