ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Misfire...

Seat Ibiza
Basically, i've had the car for about 6months and about 2months ago I had a very slight misfire when wet at low revs and low speed, so I put it down to the plugs/leads so I bought a set of plugs to fit when I got round to it. Baring in mind its done 40k and never had a set.
Today, the first time after driving it for over a week due to being on holiday. Its very wet down here at the moment, went for a drive of about 30miles in total, just come off the motorway, went to pull away from the slip road now its misfiring all the time, so I pulled over to look under the bonnet to see if there was anything obvious, which there wasn't, so I drove the rest of the journey home (0.5miles) lifted the bonnet, changed the plugs, but still the same. I have noticed one of the plug leads has been crushed (Plug 4).
I also sprayed a little silicone spray over them too.
Thinking leads to change now??

Oh and I have had no warnings on the dash no nothing, so i'm assuming there will be no fault codes.

Help would be much appreciated...

Cheers

Clio Mk3 1.4 16v
more than likely a faulty coil pack. try unplugging them one by one with engine running to find out which one is faulty and fit a new one (if you remove coil pack n nothing happens its faulty), relativley cheap if you buy the coil pack from ebay.

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
more than likely a faulty coil pack. try unplugging them one by one with engine running to find out which one is faulty and fit a new one (if you remove coil pack n nothing happens its faulty), relativley cheap if you buy the coil pack from ebay.

There is only one coilpack. The plug leads are connected to it. You wont be able to unplug them with the engine running.

Dan, you were saying one of the leads were crushed? Go out at night and find a dark place (sounds weird) and lift the bonnet and look for any sparks from the leads shorting against parts of the engine.

Might also be water down the plug bores, May need to blow it out, DONT remove the plugs before hand if this is the case.

Seat Ibiza
There is only one coilpack. The plug leads are connected to it. You wont be able to unplug them with the engine running.

Dan, you were saying one of the leads were crushed? Go out at night and find a dark place (sounds weird) and lift the bonnet and look for any sparks from the leads shorting against parts of the engine.

Might also be water down the plug bores, May need to blow it out, DONT remove the plugs before hand if this is the case.

Hello mate!
Yeah it was crushed, my old man said the same thing...good idea :)
But I bought some leads from Euro for £15 to try and they worked, so will order some magancor ones when I can be bothered!
There wasn't any water don't there mate, does this happen often??

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
cool, well done.

I personally have never had any water down the plug bores, but i have heard of a few people on here getting that.