ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 M.O.T time :)

Ryan172

ClioSport Club Member
  Iceburg 172 ph2
Well I thought that due to the fact that ive got a week off from work this week in this lovely weather I thought it would be wise for my boss to M.O.T my car on the weekend. It was due to expire while i was on my week off and i didnt fancy going into work to do it, so end of last week i got it up on the ramp to check it over and i was gutted to find I had a broken coil spring on the front. So instead of just replacing it with some boring crappy replacement part i thought id get some PI 25mm lowering springs, got them fitted then went into work sat morning to have it tested.
Now considering its 10year old and 90,000 miles I was pleased when come end of the test that 1. It passed :) and 2. the only advisory that i got which my boss thought that was funny because he couldnt find anything wrong with it he put down ADVISORY NON STANDARD SUSPENSION FITTED. At first I thought it was abit tight but then knowing how much my boss slates me for owning a Renault i was pleased that even though he tried HE COULDNT FIND A FAIL OR A PROPER ADVISORY :) so i was pretty pleased considering its age and mileage. Also before anyone says he's not a dodgy tester :) he's actually to the book and very strict which makes me even more pleased haha. Just thought id share my joy with you lot :cool:

2014 Clio 200t edc
Definitely, well done! Can they give an advisory for 'non standard suspension'? Seems odd really.

Ryan172

ClioSport Club Member
  Iceburg 172 ph2
Yeah I think my boss thought it would be funny cuz he couldn't find any faults Haha he typed it in manually which is aloud. Never mind hopefully I can test it next time Wen I get my license Haha.

PB Clio 172
he sounds like a really good tester that thinks its 'funny' to put an advisory on an MOT= nob !

an MOT isnt a joke !

Ryan172

ClioSport Club Member
  Iceburg 172 ph2
Tell me about it, was pretty gutted at the time that's his sense of humour though but I was pleased he cudnt find anything Haha

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice one, ive got till august to get mine ready for it!!

Apparently, if a car has headlight washers fitted, they have to be working. - mines going to fail! ha

Ryan172

ClioSport Club Member
  Iceburg 172 ph2
yes m8 (rsiceburg)unfortunalty, but if you remove them it says in the M.O.T handbook if a testable item is not present it cannot be tested so just remove haha

172 Phase 1 & 172 Ph
Well done, i've had the opposite experience!

Went straight through the last mot, however this time -
2 x tyres (already had two spare)
Rear discs (£108 from Renault)
Rear Pads (£14)
Both cv boots insecure (free!)
Number plate light (need a new unit connectors corroded £6 ebay)
Hazard warning switch (£6 ebay)
ABS wire insecure (free!)
Handbrake cable snapped during the mot! (£38 from Renault)
etc...

In total 10 fails and 3 advisorys! luckily i'm doing it all myself so not going to be to expensive as the labour would of been a killer!