ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 insurance!

2000 Clio 1.4 16v
Looking at getting a 172 for next car, i turn 19 in july and that will be 2 years no claims, is insurance still gonna rinse me? and how much should i be looking to pay roughly? 3rd party

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
first of all, if your getting a car like that dont ever insure it 3rd party.

it will cost around £1800-£2000 (fully comp)

2000 Clio 1.4 16v
would get i insured full comp obv, be better to go on my dads insurance as a named driver? he has 20 years no claims

Evo 6, E92 320d
would get i insured full comp obv, be better to go on my dads insurance as a named driver? he has 20 years no claims

NO! If you crash your insurance may be void. (Although i am being a bit hipporcriticle here as i am named on my mums for another month or 2)

Evo 6, E92 320d

NO! If you crash your insurance may be void. (Although i am being a bit hipporcriticle here as i am named on my mums for another month or 2)

Evo 6, E92 320d

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Don't do the parents insurance option.

Fully comp will be about £1800.

Just get a 106 GTi. Nearly the same pace and only about £680 to insure.

Saything that i pay £670 to insure my MX5 @ 20 with 1 years ncb.

Motorbikes
Will be >£1500.

Dont insure under your parents policy for obvious reasons. Also, you wont be bale to make any more no claims bonuses either.

2000 Clio 1.4 16v
with direct line u build up ur own no claims as a named driver. gti's tht cheap to insure?? i thought they were the worst to insure?

with direct line u build up ur own no claims as a named driver. gti's tht cheap to insure?? i thought they were the worst to insure?

Worst of what?

Check the Insurance forum, plenty of threads like this with recommendation for companys to try..

oh dear, i think he means because its called a GTi its going to be more expensive to insure than a 172...

with direct line yes you build up no claims but are still a named driver (read secondary driver) on a car of which YOU are the MAIN driver, this makes your policy void and is known as fronting which is illegal

BMW E46 330i Touring
If you can't afford to insure a car correctly, then you really can't afford to buy the car in the first place mate. It's the harsh truth I'm afraid.

Don't insure a car on TPFT if you will be seriously screwed if you crash it. It is A LOT of money to throw down the pan at the risk of something which may be out of your control. I insured my old 106 XSi TPFT and that was only worth £1k at the time... was still inconsolable when I crashed.

Also, don't insure YOUR car on YOUR PARENTS' insurance - if anything happens, the insurance company will see through their claim quicker than something very easy to see through, especially if it's the same insurance company as your parents, so they can obviously see all the cars insured with them.

And the 106 GTi is a cheaper option to insure and also a cheaper car to buy. Might be a better option for a bit?

Saying that, and I know there are always exceptions to the rule, I wold never have trusted myself with something so 'quick' at 19... I'd be dead now.

If you can't afford to insure a car correctly, then you really can't afford to buy the car in the first place mate. It's the harsh truth I'm afraid.

Don't insure a car on TPFT if you will be seriously screwed if you crash it. It is A LOT of money to throw down the pan at the risk of something which may be out of your control. I insured my old 106 XSi TPFT and that was only worth £1k at the time... was still inconsolable when I crashed.

Also, don't insure YOUR car on YOUR PARENTS' insurance - if anything happens, the insurance company will see through their claim quicker than something very easy to see through, especially if it's the same insurance company as your parents, so they can obviously see all the cars insured with them.

And the 106 GTi is a cheaper option to insure and also a cheaper car to buy. Might be a better option for a bit?

Saying that, and I know there are always exceptions to the rule, I wold never have trusted myself with something so 'quick' at 19... I'd be dead now.

+1

bodied 172 Ph1

I agree totally! I had to wait till I was 25! I have friends that are 20 who pay 1600 on a standard. I now pay £450.
I would definatly have killed myself in a 172 at 19!

Sorry fella

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I'm worried that you all think you'd die in a 172 at 19. Its not a super car lol

Had mine when i was 17. I'm still here.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Not saying everyone else shouldn't drive a relatively quick car when they're young, but I personally think I would've caused myself a lot of damage.

Blueprinted 172 Ph1
try greenlight insurance, im 21 have one year ncb, fully comp and im payin under a grand for mine