ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 (impressed)

Caddy Maxi

went up to newcastle today to pick up my new wheels curtosy of darren (aka darswold) and he gave me a quick spin in the 172 and i was very impressed! found it very responsive especially at the side of a 1.2! think i have two minds now weather to do the williams engine conversion in about a year or get a 172 in a year or so! just thought id share my opinion and anyone who is thinkin of getting one you should!
also cheers again to darren (quality guy) :)

LY 200

If i were you mate id put a 5 gt engine in if you were going to do a conversion!!!

If youve got money nocking about though i think id scrap that idea and go for the 172!!!

Caddy Maxi

maybe it all depends as ive got at least a year if not two to save seen as im only 19 this year so i need to be a little more insurance friendly first!
the 172 is very appealing though!

LY 200

Umm insurance will be alot on the 172!!!

Im 20 and i pay 1300 tpft on a valver which is fairly good seen as i only started my own policy 8ths ago when i bought the car!!!

GTT would be the most freindly without mods!!!

Caddy Maxi

true but its the whole without mods thing! the 172 doesnt need them mind, apart from the possible odd engine tweek! so in the long run id save money with a 172! but i have a good year or so to decide!