ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Fault lights

Ex-172 owner. Now a Mini!
I've had my 172 '02 plate for about 18 months now and never had any problems apart from the loose wiring under the passenger seat of which I have sorted (mostly).

Now though I keep getting random lights up all the time. Sometimes it's the STOP and OIL light together, then it's the engine management light and then they both alternate with the airbag one?!! The car was only serviced a few months ago along with the cambelt and the oil level is spot on. Could it be as simple as some loose wiring? Any suggestions?

Another thing is that the other day it sounded like it was firing on only 3 cylinders when i started it. Then engine management came on then too.

Ex-172 owner. Now a Mini!
I've just done the diagnostics via switching on the ignition and holding in the trip computer button and it's reporting no faults just 4 lines ----.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
i'm getting the same annoying lights on my ph1 172. The open door light is on constantly, and the airbag and service light come on a lot. I've checked all the wiring under both seats and sprayed the connectors with electrical contact cleaner but no joy.

I've read somewhere that you can remove the connectors and just solder the wires together. Anyone know which ones to solder?

Under my drivers seat are 4 sets of connectors. One black cylindrical one, one brown, one white and one blue.