ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Exhausts. Advice needed on a new one!

Seat Ibiza
Right mine exhaust rear box has totally let go on the rear baffles now.

Im after a new one, done a quick search and can't really find out the best answer, I know there are a few options, i'd like a SS cat back one. Not too loud but don't do a massive amount of mileage.

I'm thinking K-Tec or KTR. What are peoples thoughts on these? Or is it better to go for BTM??

Cheers,
Dan

Fred@BTM is the only one who makes the yozzas. Think you may have confused BTM with BTB. Also ktec and ktr are the same company.

If it was me i'd get a yozza race or if you want to keep it hidden a yozza stealth. Give fred a call.

Last edited:
  Clio 172 cup
Think they are well over £500 + £40 postage + vat

They are that sort after that when advertised second hand they usually go in seconds

Seat Ibiza
  Clio 197
I recommend the ktec stealth , not heard or seen the yozza but they come highly recommended.

Just got a supersport stealth for the cup £295 delivered from ktec (with cs discount)

Seat Ibiza
I recommend the ktec stealth , not heard or seen the yozza but they come highly recommended.

Just got a supersport stealth for the cup £295 delivered from ktec (with cs discount)

See that's my sort of money! What's the sound like mate?
Stupidly loud or just about right? Is the supersport only one silencer?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Fred@BTM is the only one who makes the yozzas. Think you may have confused BTM with BTB. Also ktec and ktr are the same company.

Isn't it actually JP exhausts in Macclesfield who farm these out? Don't they just put them together from Yoz/Freds spec?

See that's my sort of money! What's the sound like mate?
Stupidly loud or just about right? Is the supersport only one silencer?

Personally wouldn't recommend the KTax/Janetspeed stealth to anyone. Mine was an absolute POS-hideous drone at/around motorway speeds (and that was 'allegedly' the quieter version-flol!). Grim tbqfh :dead:

Seat Ibiza
Isn't it actually JP exhausts in Macclesfield who farm these out? Don't they just put them together from Yoz/Freds spec?

Personally wouldn't recommend the KTax/Janetspeed stealth to anyone. Mine was an absolute POS-hideous drone at/around motorway speeds (and that was 'allegedly' the quieter version-flol!). Grim tbqfh :dead:

Ah, see this is what I don't want!

What exhaust do you have one yours mate?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Ah, see this is what I don't want!

What exhaust do you have one yours mate?

Currently have a BTB - they're £399 for 'clitosport.net' members (green link top right) see here

Sites worth a look, case studies of some of their projects make for interesting reading. Click here

correct, feel free to contact them direct if you want, they'll just send you to me ;)

Indeed, you have to call Fred if you want a JP built Yoz exhaust. How much are they now Fred? :)

@ Dan - JP Exhausts also have a site if you're interested click here

Seat Ibiza
I don't mind paying extra for the better quality.

Tempted with the Yozza now.

Whats your BTB like?

I would go with a BTB if your budget is £400 as the yozza is over budget. I have seen both manufactures work albeit on 182 systems and both company's workmanship is very good. Noise is slightly different between the two but in my experience the Yozza isn't as loud as everyone says and the BTB isn't as quite as everyone makes out either but the yozza is still abit louder than the BTB.

Ps as Kam said Supersprint is a good option and always hear good things about them. Normally very expensive but Kam had some good offers on the other week when I was on there site :)

Seat Ibiza
Yeah I know and Kam's product is on the list, but I'd like a silencer with it, then that brings it unto Yozza money.

Like I said, I don't mind spending extra money on a better product, so it it was nearer £500.

172 Cup
just got a btb for my cup and i really cant recommend one enough, such a lovely sounding system, it fits like a glove and has given a very nice gain in poke throughout the rev range which i wasnt really expecting tbh :)

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
Yeah I know and Kam's product is on the list, but I'd like a silencer with it, then that brings it unto Yozza money.

Like I said, I don't mind spending extra money on a better product, so it it was nearer £500.

What is the price on the Supersprint with centre silencer then?

£478 for the Supersprint Stealth Clio 172 Exhaust at the moment - with a silencer. An absolute bargain for the quality of the product. I have this setup on mine and its louder but not uncomfortable at low revs, but sounds immense when you give the car some proper beans.