ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Exhaust knock at high revs.

172 Cup
Picked up my 172 Cup on wednesday and was loving it till i gave it the boot in second from a roundabout, there was a very loud knocking/banging noise from the rear.

Im guessing its the exhaust mount, havent had chance to have a look for myself, just wondered if any of you have experienced the same?

Thanks
Matt

Clio 182
Yeah common problem, they dont last long just stick something in there to force it up. I did it on mine and never had a problem after.

Last edited:
  Clio 200 Black and White
what sort of noise is it? I have a similar noise on my trophy, just wondering if it's the same thing: mine sounds like there's something hard rubbing against something vibrating at high revs - it's only noticeable whehn I come off the throttle abruptly at high revs.

Is that the same thing you're experiencing?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Heatshield? Screw loose on it, thats what happened to me anyway. Thats my 2p's worth.