ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 engine nos location

Any idea where I can find the engine nos on my Mk2 172? Apparantly it starts "F4R..." but, even after looking in the manual (which tells you where to look) I cant see anything that resemlbes an engine nos.

Help!

P.S. Im after the nos so I can order a Group N ECU!

Apparently its really hard to spot, not sure where tho, people have asked before and the best response seams to be take it to a dealer and get them to show you.

ps. I thought you were talking about Nitrous too!

at the bottom of the block - it will start F4R then there will be 3 letters and directly underneath that there will be a 7 digit number starting with a letter and then 6 numbers. This is your engine fabrication number - it tells you when your engine was built at the plant and what type of 2.0 lump it is - its only any use if you have a dialogys program on your pc. Type these numbers in and it will give you 100 % accuracy when ordering parts.

Quote: Originally posted by CB1A on 16 October 2003

ring me on 01772 329920 with your reg and i will give you your engine no over the phone.
Thanks! BTW, the V6 spoiler you supplied me has now been sprayed and fitted and looks superb!