ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Driveshaft removal

Taking the engine out a 172 shortly so will need to pull the driveshafts out obviously. Reading lots on here about the circlips, must I buy new ones or are they re-usable?

Thanks

330i. E30 Touring.
To remove driveshafts, you won't need to worry about circlips at all.

30mm socket for the driveshaft/hub retaining nut on both sides. On N/S, three (either 10/13mm) bolts holding the seal to the box. Drivers side will just pull out.

Make sure you drain the box oil before you remove nearside, or you'll make a mess of the drive. Drivers side can come out with box oil still in the box no worries.

Hi thanks. I am hoping to leave the shafts in the hubs and disconnect the hub. I am taking the engine and gearbox out as one piece then dropping the subframe with everything attatched. I know on my 1.2 it was just bolts holding it in though seem to be reading some horror stories on here about the circlips on models before the 182?