ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup worth spending the money or not?

ash_s3

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Im looking to sell my cherished Clio 172 Cup
Its a great car and is only let down by a few small dents and scruffy alloys.

Is it worth spending £3-400 sorting out the dents and wheels to make it mint or just sell it for £3-400 less? Ive just taxed and MOT'd it and its had belts done etc..

Any thoughts?
Thanks
Ash

Titanium 182
People will pay a premium if it's mint. Even if you advertise it cheap they will try knock you down if it needs stuff doing.

ash_s3

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Yeah I thought that too.
In it's current condition I'd be wanting £2700 due to the money it's had spent on it
Brand new brembo discs and pads front and rear less than a month old, full BTB system less than a year old Inc 182 cat conversion (by BTB), full service and all belts replaced by birchdown less than a year ago. 4x new tyres etc etc.... Lol!

How much would I be looking at to get the wheels done? £200?

BG 182
£200 to refurb all 4 roughly matey. People will knock you down on issues. I would maybe try selling it with the issues and try your luck? If you have no luck, then get the issues sorted?

535d / t5 caravelle
i always get my cars minted up before selling them, get any stone chips/dents/sctraches sorted out etc, that way you can big the advert up, and be confident they ain't going to find anything when they come looking and hold out for a top price, if its mint, they wont walk away.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Also don't expect any extra money for the modifications. As standard it might attract more buyers.

172 Phase 1 & 172 Ph
i always get my cars minted up before selling them, get any stone chips/dents/sctraches sorted out etc, that way you can big the advert up, and be confident they ain't going to find anything when they come looking and hold out for a top price, if its mint, they wont walk away.

Yep same here, i always get them mint before i sell mine.

ash_s3

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
It just seems a bit pointless spending £400 to sell it for £400 more but I know what you guys are saying.
I know mods don't add value but £600 worth of exhaust is definetly a selling point seeing how often the OE ones rust an fall off!

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
For me I'd be looking for words like 'mint condition' or 'no dents/scratches' - it really does make it a whole lot more appealing. You're 80% of the way there with the MOT and tax included and the belts being done (not to mention all the other work and parts) so by finishing it off you'll increase it's selling potential by quite a margin.

the thing what caught my eye on mine was how immaculate the body work/wheels were when i seen it on the dealers forecourt.. i then proceeded 2 have a look at the service history and saw the belts had been done within the last 2k

ash_s3

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
I suppose the old saying of 'you only get one chance to make a first impression' applies here.

Think I'm going to spend the money on it, it deserves it to be fair.
Problem is I won't want to sell it once it's mint!

Cheers guys

ash_s3

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
I suppose the old saying of 'you only get one chance to make a first impression' applies here.

Think I'm going to spend the money on it, it deserves it to be fair.
Problem is I won't want to sell it once it's mint!

Cheers guys