ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup - Trip/MPG/MPH average resets to zero when ignition turned off

2050cc Corsa
anyone else had this ?

everytime the ignition is switched off they all reset to 0, milage thankfully stays but the rest all go back to zero, any ideas/pointers ?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Believe from reading simular threads it's the battery.

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
Rob_clio172rs had it

told him try another battery and it was fine no issues after

PH1 172
Been a lot of threads about the same problem and 99% of the time it's been the battery at fault, nice new one will sort it out :)

2050cc Corsa
TBH i didnt realise what a common issue it is, after searching i know now

still got a renault battry on it, so at a guess its the orginal so isnt a great suprise

CSX

172 CUP!
Mine does the same, just can't be arsed to replace the battery. Loved it how Renault said it tested fine on there 10-point vehicle check... or maybe they wouldn't notice? :eek:

Audi TT
I read up found my problem was likely to be battery on way out. Ignored it. 06:15 on a cold sunday morning for work. Click. Nothing. Yup battery dead. Bad times. :(

Clio 172
I get this problem but only when its been really cold,now the weather is abit better i dont suffer from it at all yet in the winter the trip computer likes to reset itself all the time.

Black 172
I've had this once since I owned the car, but the guy said he got the battery replaced a week before I bought it, even has a receipt for it! :s