ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup spring markings

Sometime ago I had the springs and dampers changed on my 172 cup and afterwards the ride height didn't look right (see this thread). Well today I noticed that my rear springs only have white markings but I think cup springs should have white and yellow markings. Can anyone confirm what the markings should be please and/or what I've got fitted? Ta

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
On my 172 cup rear springs i do have as you say a white and a yellow square markings.

Gman

Just compared my ride height with mate's standard 172 Cup. Ground to wheelarch apex is 63cm on his car and 65cm on my car.

So my car is out by 2cm. IIRC the Cup is lowered by ~15mm then I'm guessing I've got regular 172 Sport springs and not cup springs. Anyone agree?

I've got another set - that's what first made me notice that the markings on the ones that are on my car were wrong. Thanks anyway

I still don't know what springs have white markings only ... anyone?

we could really do with a sticky in the suspension section that describes all of the different springs/driveshafts, etc - be dead handy