ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup rear shocks

Anyone know where the cheapest place to purchase some rear shocks, im thinking of staying standard so any tips would be handy
Thanks

they're not much more expensive from Renault (£55ish?). just need to be aware that the 172Cup dampers are different to the 172's

part nr. 8200662257, £46.54+VAT, last one i had:)

AutoNation may well also sell them, but then there's P&P ontop? dunno

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
I may be wrong but I thought 172 and 172 cup rear shocks were the same but the front shocks were different

So far ive got prices for a pair
£117.05- Renalult
£118.91- K-Tec (inc delivery)
£108.87- Auto Nation (inc delivery)

Golf GT TDI
ktec are more expensive than the stealers:eek:

get the oem renault ones i had to get some and they were £26 each from renault because my bro works there

n/a
a bit off topic but i cant be bothered to make my own thread but does anyone find the standard 172 suspension quite stiff?

i may well have made that up, as i can see i've said they're the same in the past. sorry. that's the current part number you want anyway

not sure what's going on in that case. if you're looking to order from AutoNation, i'd call them and ask if they'd mind checking the part number stamped on the damper body - Cup dampers are defo that number above

Different valving I think, but the part numbers are not the same. We always double check parts with the registration number anyway. Renault call the cup shocks "extreme" shocks!

By the way, I did these at a special price for 182chick.........if anyone else is after some PM me before you order!!

Pete

renault clio cup 172
ano this is an old thread but its the kind of info am looking for when a done a search which your told to do right?, a see the part number for a clio cup 172 rear shock is back up ^^, but have also been given a part number of 7700842256 could someone confirm for me if this part number is also right for them or is it the wrong ones? thanks.