ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Overfuelling problem :(

172 Cup
Hi all,

Already had a browse but couldnt find what I was after.

Pulled out of a junction the other day when my car started what i thought was missfiring, so changed the plugs and now it seems as though it is overfuelling very badly.

Someone suggested there might be an air leak from when i put the inlet back on but i havent had time to check as off yet. Im taking it to a mechanic I know today and he is having a look tomorrow with any luck.

He had a quick look on friday and guessed that the autochoke was not shutting off, so thought it was lambda or some temp sensor?

Just after a few suggestions to lead us in the right direction to save him checking/replacing things that dont need doing!

Thankyou
Matt

Da

Less
Lambda sensor
Map sensor
Coolant temp sensor

They're the three I'd be checking initially.

If it's the coolant sender, it's most likely the wiring rather than the actual sensor itself. Easy to diagnose, as the needle will be all over the place when it's misfiring.

172 Cup
I'm pretty sure it's overfuelling because when you give it some revs it clears and runs fine. It's only at tickover or if you hold it at a certain revs it will e very rough. Oh and it obv sticks of fuel.

Cheers for that I will pass these things on.