ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup not starting

2003 Clio 172 Cup
just got a 172 , which started and ran ok, for 2 days, now it wont start and the central alarm/Immobiliser light is on as is the Stop light alongside, it turns over but will not start.
Have cleaned the TDC sensor, It does not have a spare key!!
Is there a way to bypass the immobiliser, or any other suggestions you may have.
It will be a rally car in 10 wks time, so Immobilisers etc do not matter Thanks Pat

2003 Clio 172 Cup
Yeah I thought it might be Immobiliser issues, as I checked the light not going out vs a 172 that is starting and that light goes out as soon as Ignition on.
Any ideas, how to kill the immobiliser,
The key has plenty of battery life to open/close central locking, but would a battery in the key help.
Thanks in advance Pat

2003 Clio 172 Cup
Just read your other thread.
My car is on our drive [steep slanted] I notice someone else say that car starts on flat, so will try in morning, also try the Relays etc.

Its only done this twice, both times on the drive!!!

Pat

Megane dci 130
Theres no way of taking the imobliser off, end of.

It will most likely be the key or senondly the ring.

Freetrack&Monaco 172
Its about £140 from renault for a new key, programmed for your car, but you need to take in proof of identity and your V5 to the parts department......think they have a database of immobiliser codes and use the cars VIN to get the right one.

You cannot have a 2nd hand key reprogrammed btw.....think they sell them on ebay but they cannot be programmed!

I've looked at getting a second key for mine as it only came with one, but will have to wait till I'm feeling flush with the pricetag for another key lol!

keg

Its about £140 from renault for a new key, programmed for your car, but you need to take in proof of identity and your V5 to the parts department......think they have a database of immobiliser codes and use the cars VIN to get the right one.

You cannot have a 2nd hand key reprogrammed btw.....think they sell them on ebay but they cannot be programmed!

I've looked at getting a second key for mine as it only came with one, but will have to wait till I'm feeling flush with the pricetag for another key lol!

looks like im goin to have to spend some cash then lol need to get it sorted lol iv only got one key aswel :(

2003 Clio 172 Cup
Tried all the things reported on here today, tried the White connector, TDC sensor, [both cleaned up well], the 3 black relays, the immobiliser one under the dash.
Tried them all but no starting. So finally thought we would try rolling the car off our steep drive onto the flat road,
IT STARTED!!! I cannot believe it dont know why, but I know it will live on the road now, not on the drive

Huge thanks to all of you for the suggestions, you are fantastic, Many thanks Pat

keg

Tried all the things reported on here today, tried the White connector, TDC sensor, [both cleaned up well], the 3 black relays, the immobiliser one under the dash.
Tried them all but no starting. So finally thought we would try rolling the car off our steep drive onto the flat road,
IT STARTED!!! I cannot believe it dont know why, but I know it will live on the road now, not on the drive

Huge thanks to all of you for the suggestions, you are fantastic, Many thanks Pat

least urs started :cool: i keep doing the holding th cental locking button and it keeps starting going to get it plugged in at the weekend

Clio Sport 172
Tried them all but no starting.
got the same prob with my 172 (not a cup), ive cleaned the TDC sensor with brake cleaner and its been fine for the last few days until now, gone again! Can you explain to me which realys and connectors you are talking about and what you done to them so i can also give it a go.

keg

i had mine plugged in today didnt find no faults im thinking its the key cause its a right mess inside.