ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup - Norfolk - Thoughts/Suggestions?

Iceberg 172 Cup
Hey Guys,
Here's my 172 Cup that I bought back in September time. I have a couple of pics, but my photography skills are less than impressive and tbh I havent cleaned it on every picture.
But yeah, tell me your thoughts and suggestions :)

photo14_zps66b8f7e1.gif

My laptop is slow, so pictures will be individual im afraid

Iceberg 172 Cup
It's a lovely little thing... pretty much all standard though, was wondering what to change once I have the money.. thanks though :)

C3 Picasso Beast
Change the aerial if it's a chrome bee sting one...

Other than that depends where you want to go with the car and how much you want to spend???

Iceberg 172 Cup
Change the aerial if it's a chrome bee sting one...

Other than that depends where you want to go with the car and how much you want to spend???
You're in Long Stratton?! Mate I'm only in Hempnall small world ;) I think I want just subtle changes. I'm low on the monies atm, but I was thinking of going yellow on the brake calipers.. and a wheel refurb to start with.. when I have the funds. What would you recommend for the aerial?

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
Not at all, my wife is on here and comes to meets regularly in her RB 182 :p

C3 Picasso Beast
Honda Civic Type R aerials look good but I've got one on mine so I may be biased! If you decide you want a standard aerial I've got one I'd sell you ;)

Think I recognise the yellow house in the picture but can't think where it is in Hempnall?!? There's a PH1 Odyssey 172 that has recently appeared in Woodton that you might see about and there's a few RS clios kicking about Stratton...

SQ5
More meets? This is the first month without a meet for about a year!

And that's only because I have no licence!

End of February were having one.

Iceberg 172 Cup
Honda Civic Type R aerials look good but I've got one on mine so I may be biased! If you decide you want a standard aerial I've got one I'd sell you ;)

Think I recognise the yellow house in the picture but can't think where it is in Hempnall?!? There's a PH1 Odyssey 172 that has recently appeared in Woodton that you might see about and there's a few RS clios kicking about Stratton...

I'll have a look if you have any pictures thanks. The yellow house is in Aldeby, Beccles - where my Dad lives
i actually haven't seen many around our way. Just one pulled up next to me in tescos petrol station on A140 , but wasn't sure what it was exactly!

would be good to attend a meet when there is one!!

C3 Picasso Beast
Ah maybe that's why I recognise it then as I lived in Wheatacre for nearly 22 years before I moved to Long Stratton!

Type R aerial doesn't look greatly different just bit longer and black, it's still a lot shorter than the standard one though. Thing with your current aerial is that imo it looks bit cheap and it spoils the car. That's my opinion though so if you like it keep it :)

Iceberg 172 Cup
Just a suggestion but I had dark grey/anthracite wheels on my old iceberg and it really suited it.
Yeah, I have a quote for anthracite.. £190 at a local place which isn't bad.. Just don't known whether to take the plunge yet! Kinda like the 'fresh' kind of look.. I am still considering yellow calipers too.. But reaction from people I talk to about that is mixed!

Iceberg 172 Cup
Nice to see another female Cup owner :)

I think they look weird in silver, I would say that though as I've got a blue one lol.
I originally had my heart set on a blue 182 cup.. But then I fell in love with this one.. Love it. Do get some funny looks when they see the long hair and make up ;)

Iceberg 172 Cup
Tell me about it. My car isn't exactly subtle and I certainly get a few double looks when they see its a girl driving lol
Haha... To those who don't know their stuff I guess mine is subtle. But to those who do, probably get more attention.

Iceberg 172 Cup
Looks nice :) Welcome to the Norfolk fold! I'll keep an eye out for you
Thanks!! If I see a clio sport on my travels, I usually flash/wave.. If I have realised in time ;) good ole Norfolk!! Can't beat our muddy 'roads' :)

Iceberg 172 Cup
So I spent about 6 hours getting all the tar spots off from the previous owner and giving it a jolly good clean.

photo32_zps26747f08.jpg

photo34_zps8fb634c4.jpg

172/1.2/E30
Looks good but needs a set of Eibach sportlines. The "ready-for-take-off" rake on cups is really awkward. Keep the wheels silver btw.

Iceberg 172 Cup
Looks excellent to me! Very tidy :)

What stuff did you use to remove the tar, just out of curiosity?

On the right hand side i used t cut.. was very good but a lot of hard work and took me ages to do one side. so on the rest, i used a tar remover spray which you spray on, leave for abit and wipe of... it was really effective! thanks :)