ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 CUP mot - rear brakes!! (again)

Jag Mondeo -Type
Hi everyone

I know that this has been covered, but just had a despute with testing station regarding rear brakes. They are only working 17 and 29 kg respectively and they say that is too low even taking into consideration the known mot issues and say they will only pass it if i can get a letter from renault saying thats fine, but i have no confidence that my local renault dealers can actually write? so im going to slap them with the VOSA newsletter from the guides section.

But does nyone know if this is too low even for a cup?

Jag Mondeo -Type
Yeah cheers i have that document.

Also its illegal to use the 172 cup for towing, so thats not a very good image for the VOSA document!

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Its not your responsibility to get a letter from Reno, its there's, tell them to go f**k and report them.

Jag Mondeo -Type
Just back from there.

Showed them the VOSA newspetter thingy from the link, and they still wouldnt pass it as the guy wasnt happy with that little rear bias, plus think he had made his mind up. So i asked them to ring VOSA and sort it out. 30 minute phone call (for him while i read EVO mag.) And they told him to pass it, ha shove that up your bottom.

they started to get the feeling i knew what i was on about, and admitted that it saved me loads of cash

So finally it has passed.