ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup misfire and blowing exhaust

My Clio 172 is badly misfiring but as the same time as the misfire developed my exhaust has started blowing, rather badly as it sounds like a Boxer engine, could hear the air getting pushed out, like a ticking sound.
Could this be the cause? It has blown once before then got repaired with a new crush gasket (it was just past the lambda) but this time it sounds 10 times worse. I *think the leak is coming from manifold to down pipe area, wouldn't surprise me if it's in the same place. Looked under and can't see anything immediately obvious mind.
I've replaced the coil pack which actually worked, revved upto 3 and half thou, all good till I tried to move the car then it decided to fire on 3 cylinders again (changed the coil pack before anything else as when removing HT leads it wasn't getting any worse, I was obviously expecting it to eventually try and run 2 cylinders to pin point which cylinder was unhappy)
My theory being the ambient air is flagging up the lamba and getting emotional.

I would try and limp it to a garage but it's completely flat and the orange engine management light is flashing.