ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup hessitation/misfire on long journeys

172 Cup
Evening all, I've done a search but can't find an answer.

The problem started on a 2 hour journey last weekend, basically the car performs well and pulls like a train on ordinary everyday journeys, but on longer journey (1hour+) it feels like it's holding back at 5k and above, sometimes it stutters at 4k and above.

I'm over at the ring at the mo and we went straight to the Renault dealer in Adenau to get a new coil pack, that hasn't fixed it.

We've just been out for a meal and so it had chance to cool down fully. After about 5 mins of driving I gave it a boot and it was perfect..... So why does it only do it on longer journeys??? Anyone had a similar issue in the past?

Yes. It was diagnosed as tdc sensor. The plug on either end wear meaning the sensor doesn't send a good signal

172 Cup
Did you sort this?

Hi, thought I'd update this.

Fitted the new plug and sensor a while back but my trackday at Snetterton was the first test.

The day started fine then after lunch the misfire/hesitation started again, and again on the way home.

I haven't a clue what to try next...... Anybody got any ideas?