ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup brake set up in a phase 1

Right

I have put a cup set up in my ph1, excluding the rear beam compensator valve.

To my thinking this means I will have equal braking front and back? Is this right?

Can I now just fit a bias valve into the rear lines to allow me to adjust to more suitable/standard bias?

If that is correct how do I go about plumbing this in?

Ta!

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I just run Ford in line pressure reducers from the master cylinder to the rear lines. Feels perfect.

If you want it adjustable then I would tee both rear lines into one bias valve with 1/4" diameter fittings (its about the same as 2x 3/16" fittings so you don't restrict anything). Then 1/4" pipe from the bias valve to the rear axle and tee in 2 x 3/16" pipes, one each to the callipers.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Go to a scrap yard or look on ebay for a Mondeo master cylinder. Guarantee you you'll find some cheap or for free.

Otherwise you've got the cost of the bias valve and all the pipes and fittings.

Right I'm going to go down the route of a bias valve, can someone confirm this is correct?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426674696.870042.jpg

And advise on bias valve? I see willwood do one for £50?

Also best place for copper line and t-piece fittings?

Are the sizes of the pipes ok?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Ran the tilton lever bias on mine - worked well. Just need to block off one of the rear ports on your cup MC with a blanking plug. One of the Sykes pickavant type flaring tools would make the job a lot easier if you can manage to borrow one.