ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup blowing fuel pump fuses

Mk2 172 Cup
Alright lads some of you might have seen my previous thread about the at breaking down and getting the stop light flashing but every time I turn the ignition on to prime the pump the 30amp green fuse blows, what could case that

Mk2 172 Cup
Fuel pump is fine
i have narrowed it down to the thick green wire coming from the relay, does anybody know where it leads to? I need to trace it and look for a short

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Silly mistake to make but loads have made exactly the same and I usually have to fix at least one Clio with the same issue when we go to a track day.

All done though so result!

Mk2 172 Cup
I knew it was the green wire connected to the relay so I started to unwrap the loom to look for a brake in the wire and the 1 green wire turned into 7 green wires so I thought am I hell tracing all them so I got it to the unit and up on the ramp and spotted it straight away, was so happy it was something simple