ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 creaking from chassis

clio sport 172
Its when I'm setting off from a standstill i can hear a creaking. It only happens in the winter for some reason because it happened last year and stopped when the warm weather came. Anyone got any ideas??

clio sport 172
No but the handbrake does give me problems too. As you say it sounds more like flexing. Creaking rubber type sound from the front and back.

clio sport 172
No knocking at all. I put it down to the salt on the roads at this time or year but now im not too sure? Someone mentioned top mounts? The whole car doesn't feel as tight as it used to either. Slightly more body roll but i could be imagining it.

R14 CUP
Yeah, possibly rear shockers - they are semi prone to failing and you will notice a noticeable difference in the handling. Check if there is any fluid in the shockers themselves.

R14 CUP
Not sure fella - never had to price them up. I'm sure somebody will know - if not i can find out for you tomorrow.

Clio 172 Cup
I heard the rear shocks are prone to failing. my cup has just started making a slight creaking and squeaking from the back when i go over bumps

Clio Dynamique 1.4 16V
mine does that sometimes when i haven't washed it in a while. i find that its all the crap off the road builds up on the suspension bits and make it all abit still and squeaky. i find after a good pressure wash its fine.