ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 broken in to lastnight...

None
So, lastnight I can't get to sleep, put the headphones in, and then GF wakes me up to say she's heard 4 loud bangs and a car alarm at ~4:30am - for some reason I assume it's just fireworks or something, since I know there's nothing in my car of any value. But then, heading to work I see that some pr*cks have smashed the rear passenger window in.
The annoying thing is I *never* keep anything in the car, so I'm not sure why they'd bother - all standard inside too, haven't got round to buying a new sound system (though in light of recent events I might not bother!). Seriously wound up...
So I have to pay a £70 excess (not the end of the world, I know, but that's not the point) and apparently because I called up my insurance company premiums will probably rise in my postcode next year...

I have to say though, that standard Clio alarm certainly did its job - by the looks of things they didn't get anything open. Just wondering - is it possible to start a 172 without the key or is the immobiliser pretty decent? Getting paranoid now... Also anything any of you would do to prevent this happening in future? I'm always careful to make sure there's nothing left in the car. The annoying thing is that I've literally only just got the dephaser / belts / power steering & full service done, so yesterday was the first day I've driven it properly in a long while!

Anyway, here she is :(

13176574291790.jpg

Clio 182
At least they had the cuortosy to cover the window with a black bag after. Gutted for you mate

Clio 172 cup
Judging by that photo you look to live in a rough area if thats where you park it over night.

90% of cars like yours are broken in by twocers to be taken for a joyride (if they can start it)

Buy a disklok steering wheel lock, the one that covers the whole steering wheel

And for gods sake always take your car keys to bed

Audi A3
My 106 was on the drive and had windows smashed a year ago, I put wheelie bins infront of it. Didn't happen again but don't know wether that helped

Just looks like some c**t has done it out of spite. If they wanted to nick the car, surely they would have done the door glass?

pimp mobile Zafira
Bum holes! These people need to get a job. Least it was only a window they knacked and not a panel like on that Trophy in another post.

Astra H vxr
proberly a bunch on kids no older than 16 - proberly going around telling there soo called mates theyve just broken into a car and went on a 2hr joyride- knowing really theyve broken into a car and got made a mug of as they couldnt start it or know how too bunch of $%£ %£ %

ps sorry to hear about that :(, some one broke into my old saxo , only to go and nick the parcel shelf as they couldnt get the speakers on the parcel shelf, only to get caught around the corner by police on duty in the early hours off the morning about 5am iirc , there story was theyve just brought it ......... :/ really could anyone believe that lol, chavs tbh

Last edited:
  None
It's really gutting - thing is, this is actually quite a nice area (on the Isle of Dogs) but apparently there's this gang of kids who have been causing all sorts of trouble over the years and never been prosecuted for it.

Anyway - the saga continues: I meet the guy who's fitting a new window, and as I'm doing so this kid appears, he's riding his bike in circles around the square, and properly watching us. Then I go into my flat and there's a kid outside my front window, just looking in and looking at me. So I call the police (call me whatever you like but I don't fancy my chances if they're tooled up), and they say they can't do anything until next time I see these guys! So now they know where I live, and so where the keys are... This is a f***ing nightmare. Me and the Mrs are properly freaked out now, and at times like this you suddenly realise you're on your own, waiting for your house / car to be broken into before anyone will do anything.

Great start to the week!

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Mate really sorry to hear about the car! Little s***s. I wouldn't worry about them breaking in, just take ur keys to bed!

Clio Dynamique Noir
Sorry to hear about the car matey..hope its all sorted. Do you have a gun? Or even an air rifle?

None
Lol! No weapons in my flat unfortunately! Sorted now cheers, just a real pain since I'd just got everything sorted, and after putting a load of fresh Fuchs Titan Supersyn oil in it was running like a dream. Now the interior is full of glass and I'm just hoping it doesn't get broken into again.
£70 a pop could get quite expensive!

None
Yeah apparently there was a Scenic which had 3 windows smashed, in the same square... Got a funny feeling they're going to do it again tonight!

None
Lol yeah fortunately things seem to have calmed down - just had a feeling they were going to come back because they were lingering around the flat, but seems that they've got bored. Window is all fixed up and car is looking good again, have to say I won't criticise that Renault alarm again, it's not half bad!
Now all that's left to do is to hoover up the remaining glass, it gets everywhere!

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
The thread's in here that comment on going to bed with keys, I would avoid, we had a customer who had a gun pulled on him in his own house for the keys to his car, if they want it that bad the'll take! Let them have it for £2k! In the op's case it just looks like vandals, f**king yobo's!