ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Aux belt failed damage to cambelt

Has any one had aux belt jump the grooves causing the belt to rub the cam belt cover.This has just happened to me ,the inner part of the aux belt shaved off and was drawn between the crankshaft pulley and belt.Damage to the engine broken valves, cam,guides and possable piston rings. I had a warranty from WARRAHTY DIRECT they cannot accept my claim as they say the aux belt was fitted incorrectly, which was fitted 3 1/2 years and 34000 miles by renault .

hmmmmm..........

i'd say if it was fitted by ren then you at least have some muscle behind you.

Carry on talks with them, they will always want to say its not their responsability.......i dont see the point in them offering a warrenty on a vehicle if you cant use it.

Aux belt should be changed every two years AFAIK so they could still shaft you on the warranty on that one.
I had the aux belt on my 172 come out of alignment on the pulleys & start causing damage to the cambelt.
Had to get both belts & pulleys replaced. Cost me the best part of £700 at Renault.

can a aux belt be fitted incorrectly ie one groove out when there are ridges on the alt. and pws pulleys

Lionel Richie
if you're a dumbass then yes!!

if all goes pete tong, ring matt, he supplys NEW engines for £1250+vat