ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 alarm / immobiliser problem

320d
The car in question is a mk1 172

The alarm and immob worked fine then the battery went flat due to the car being off the road. Since recharging the battery the immob is stopping the car starting.

I've managed to start the car by bypassing the immob running a lead from the fuses to the battery but when the car starts the alarm sounds and the lights flash.

Any ideas why suddenly the immob isn't disarming for no apparent reason, the key fob isn't opeing the car anymore even though the key battery is still live.

Thanks in advance

clio 172 exclusive n
i may be wrong but maybe your key and car alarm have become disconnected and need reprogramming to each other mate

41 pound all in from renault

The car in question is a mk1 172

The alarm and immob worked fine then the battery went flat due to the car being off the road. Since recharging the battery the immob is stopping the car starting.

I've managed to start the car by bypassing the immob running a lead from the fuses to the battery but when the car starts the alarm sounds and the lights flash.

Any ideas why suddenly the immob isn't disarming for no apparent reason, the key fob isn't opeing the car anymore even though the key battery is still live.

Thanks in advance