ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 PTFE Gasket

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Can't add anything but what makes you think it's worth spending your money on? Has someone told you you need one in your life?

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I just read the discription and wondered if its worth it as i want to change it as my inlets been off a few times

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I use one on my williams engines, its great, totally re-useable and seals really well.
Give it a retighten after a few days as there can be a little give in them first of all.

I paid about 15 quid for mine though as I didnt buy it with ktec tax on it, IMHO over 40 quid plus postage is a bit ridiculous.

I would ignore the heat claims though, mine is twice that thick and still made no appreciable difference to intake manifold temps, few degrees at best, a 1.5mm one is going to do even less.

They seem to forget that metal conducts very well and you still have a load of studs connecting the inlet to the head, lol

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Yeah they certainly are a lot of money ill probably stick with OE one cheers for the advice lads :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Waste of money imo.

At ktec prices yes, but then thats true of pretty much everything they sell, if you get them for sensible money though they arent greatly different to the price of a new standard gasket so are ok if you are changing it anyway.

I wouldnt go pulling apart a car that hasnt got a problem with the inlet just to swap to one though, it wont give you any benefit that is worth that amount of hassle!

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I was gonna change it at the same time as the HT leads as i dont no when they were both last changed lol but yep defo agree with the k-tec price chip its a bit steep

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Paddy used to get them made for the williams, not sure if he still does them and if he can do 172 or not.

Think he is on this forum somewhere. See if you can find a post with someone touching themself at the thought of a rubbishy old F7P engine, if so, thats your man

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Paddy used to get them made for the williams, not sure if he still does them and if he can do 172 or not.

Think he is on this forum somewhere. See if you can find a post with someone touching themself at the thought of a rubbishy old F7P engine, if so, thats your man

Haha no worries chip cheers mate :)