ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 buying guide in this months performance car

sorry if its a repost, just thought i'd mention it for anyone looking to buy, afew holes but not a bad write up IMO

MINI Cooper S
Makes for a good read, picks up on most of the common points that everyone here suggests looking out for - Although there are a few bits missing as previously mentioned.

btw Sainsbury's is always my source for PC Mag (regular reader), they always seem to stock it on time :)

It's swaying me more and more towards the Clio as a replacement for my current mode of transport - Still nervous about reliability and potential major problems (athough the '100k+' thread is making me feel slightly more at ease)

*Edit*

As for 197 Cup, their final thoughts were:

1) A Clio Cup race car is a proper little thing. Lighter, faster, and with great steering, it unlocks the full potential of the Renaultsport package.
2) A Clio Cup road car, while slower than its racing equivalent around a wet West curcuit by roughly four seconds a lap, isn't completely outshone. Its engine is just as good, its brakes easier to lean on and the chassis balanced superb.
3) No matter how fast you think you're going, there's always a professional racing driver that'll go much, much faster.
4) Bedford Autodrome offers a very reasonably priced lunch menu.

Sorry, I'm too shattered to type up the whole feature tonight :eek:

Last edited: