ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

15mm spacer issue

Volvo C30 R - T5
Last night I fitted some brand new 15mm spacers all round on my 172 - It also appears to be lowered on Eibach springs.

Took it out for a very short test drive and something at the front seems to be catching, I couldnt see a great deal as it was getting dark so will need to inspect further at the weekend.

Just wondering if anybody else has experienced the same issue and knows of a possibility for a simple fix.

I noticed catching when cornering both ways (not overly hard) and also when crawling in a straight line - it seems to catch at one point upon one wheel rotation, I am hoping theres a simple solution.

Cheers.

Volvo C30 R - T5
OK I will check that out later - out of interest which bracket and where can I locate it?

I don't play around with wheels too much so any guidance would be handy.
Cheers.

Volvo C30 R - T5
Took a quick look this afternoon and there seems to be fine clearance all round the front wheels. I looked at quite a few threads on here regarding the bracket behind the 'bubble' in the wheel lining and from what I can see there is no way the tyres could be scrubbing on that, the car doesn't seem low enough to make contact here.

I took it for another little drive and it makes a kind of clicking noise on wheel rotation which I can hear at low speeds and feel through the steering wheel when cornering.

My next move will be to take the spacers off and run it to see if it returns back to normal.

clio 172
Mine has 16mm spacers and lowered on eibach spring and never had a problem with the front. I have had 172 wheels with 195 three 182 wheels with 205 tyres and now some 15" wheels. The 205 tyres did catch on the back arches though.

Cup In bits
Nobody can tell you exactly, It all depends what tyre and wheels you are using, you realise your suspension moves closer to the arches when moving so checking while stopped isn't going to show up much unless it has left some lasting marks like has been said.