ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

15" strong but lightweight alloys

Schma Schme 1.6l
i need some new alloys for my cup racers. the ones that came with it are ok but very heavy! the 15" are heavier than the 17"s on my evo.

what is the fitment for the clio cup race cars and what are teh good makes of alloys that are forged and light.

not too fussed about cost just want strong and light.

cheers all.

Handbuilt 172 Cup/ 1.2 8v
ultraleggra are extremely light, look quite spindley, cost a lot, but not sure how they fair up on a track taking a pounding! anybody use ultraleggra on the track with sticky rubber?

Schma Schme 1.6l
the car came with speedlines, proper ones for racing.

OZ superleggra would buckle within a few meets.

dymag is based down the road but no longer trade.

team dynamics look to be the way forward.

S4 Avant
Team Dynamics would be the ones to go for. 7.4kg for a 16" wheel, and they'll quite happily finish a two mile rally without a tyre on.

Ph1
You'd struggle to find Superleggera's anyway. Their like rocking horse poo in a 15

Ultraleggera's are slightly heavier but sure their also slightly stronger ? Was that not the reason why the super was originally ditched ?

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
what about speedline 2118's? they do magnesium ones too which weigh feck all

Golf GTD Mk7
Surely it's pretty hard to buckle the alloys really, especially if you're dong track work. I've got some ultra leggeras and they aren't much different weight wise to my 16" turinis

Schma Schme 1.6l
Surely it's pretty hard to buckle the alloys really, especially if you're dong track work. I've got some ultra leggeras and they aren't much different weight wise to my 16" turinis

i race my clio, it'll be bouncing off curbs and on two wheels.....(ONCE i learn how!)

alloys buckle very easy on track days when you start to push hard and use curbs.

they have to be 15"s

it has the speedlines with it, at over 9kilo a wheel they're in need to some lightening.

dynamics it is i reckon!

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
We changed from TD to rota slipstream as TD were useless at getting orders out.

The rota are supposedly much stronger and better for all those curb riding.;) Not sure how much the 15 x 7 weighs though (15 x 6.5 5.1kg).

Ph1
IIRC magnisium wheels only have a shelf life of 2 years. They go brittle apparently.

No need to go down this route as theres plentyof far lighter alloys available for a fraction of the cost of mags

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250
the car came with speedlines, proper ones for racing.

OZ superleggra would buckle within a few meets.

dymag is based down the road but no longer trade.

team dynamics look to be the way forward.

Please tell me your having a laugh:lolup:

Golf GTD Mk7
the lighter you go, the weaker they will be, and I doubt it'll make that much difference really. Oh and 2 wheel racing isn't exactly the fastest way to move ;)

Schma Schme 1.6l
We changed from TD to rota slipstream as TD were useless at getting orders out.

The rota are supposedly much stronger and better for all those curb riding.;) Not sure how much the 15 x 7 weighs though (15 x 6.5 5.1kg).

i buckled a set of rota's on my evo with 2 meets. but then i do use the curbs alot!

can't see there is much point afterall changing what i've got. speedlines it is!

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Speedlines it is. It's easier to get hold of crack than a set of TDs.

Clio 197
ultraleggra are extremely light, look quite spindley, cost a lot, but not sure how they fair up on a track taking a pounding! anybody use ultraleggra on the track with sticky rubber?

Finish won't last long on Superleggs...

...and they go a bit soft when really warm, lol.