ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

15" MacBook Pro - but which spec do I go for?

A silver one
What specs (HDD, processor, graphics) have people on here got? Is that sufficient or do you wish you'd gone higher?

I haven't got a clue which one to go for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
Matt

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
p**n! Tut! Such a bad opinion of everyone Daniel. :eek:

A silver one
Stick to stock.

So:

2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB
250GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
MacBook Pro 15-inch Glossy Widescreen Display
Backlit Keyboard (British) & User's Guide (English)
COUNTRY KIT

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Probably worth waiting until the updated models are released (that's what I'm doing)...Believe it could be any day now!

Go cry to your momma!
I'm sending mine back under DSR tomorrow and waiting for the refresh..no point in investing in old tech :)

Citroen DS3 DSport
Mac Rumors are saying the prices reported by Engadget were from older MBP models and are unlikely to represent the pricing of the revised models.

Go cry to your momma!
Read something about Austrtalia and Canada maybe getting a price hike but not us :)

I'll be sad when they collect this MBP but I feel £800 (HE student discount) is still a rip off for such old tech and I'd be kicking myself when the new ones come out.

MKV R32
Read something about Austrtalia and Canada maybe getting a price hike but not us :)

I'll be sad when they collect this MBP but I feel £800 (HE student discount) is still a rip off for such old tech and I'd be kicking myself when the new ones come out.

may be old tech, but ive got the stock 13" with upgraded 4gb ram, and its absolutely rapid, can have multiple CS4 programs open with no problems.

Go cry to your momma!
may be old tech, but ive got the stock 13" with upgraded 4gb ram, and its absolutely rapid, can have multiple CS4 programs open with no problems.

That's what I have at the moment but I swapped the HDD out for my SSD and it's silly quick..but I'll still have that thought in the back of my head.

As they're coming up to the refresh, you'd expect Apple to drop their prices a little..get them moved on and all that.

Didn't even get the new style magsafe with mine and they've been out yonks!
They must have 'em piled high!

A silver one
Cheers guys. I wasn't even aware that Apple were about to refresh the MacBook's.

I'll definitely hang on and wait for a newer model.

02' PH1 172
I heard that its going to be a bit of a longer wait till the new macbooks come out due to the ipad being released now, they dont want to overshadow the release of the ipad with the macbook.. so could be a long wait then.. maybe july/august? still prob worth the wait

14' Leon Cupra 280
Yeh I was thinking it would be at least July too, which isn't a bad thing really, gets the hype of the iPad out the way. I'm holding back in case :)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i thought the new mbp was several months ago? LOL

if you want one, buy one.