ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

12v Cigarette Lighter

RB 182
Probably a silly question but can you wire in any old 12v socket into any live feed? My track car had it cut off and it's proving a pain when I need sat nav on charge. I can't find the old wire as the loom is all wrapped up.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah if you are just using it for satnav it wont need to be high current like it was for a fag ligther itself.

Useful to wire into a perm live rather than ignition switched if you want to be able to charge your phone with engine off etc.

RB 182
It was originally just for the satnav but I might also use it for a small electric heater if the screen mists up. I'm guessing that'll draw more current?

RB 182
All sorted now, after looking at my mates cup to see what connector it was I found it. Was expecting a push on crimp or something, not a 3 wire connector!