ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1210 Miles, 7 Days, 34.4 MPG - The Lakes

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Car looks fit.

Boobs.

I have the same sunglasses as you.

<3

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Lols! Could have a had a Z4M.. bought an A1.

Winning.

Rob how does the missus like it? Image etc?

She loves it mate, she loved the look of it when I turned up, she loves it even more since her work mates keep saying "Is that your boyfriends car" when I turn up to pick her up. She wouldn't admit it (thinks I spent too much £££), but she likes me having nice cars.

She also loves how it drives, infact, she asked if she could have a go on a really quiet road somewhere in the middle of nowhere. It's the first time she's ever asked that with any of my cars.

You are punching above your weight fella.

I mean seriously, do you have to punch her to remind her not to leave?

LOL! Thanks, I think? I gentle jab to the kidneys reminds her not to stray more than 5ft.

If it's not raining, the roof MUST be off. It's the law.

It was, for seven whole days, bar once when we went to the posh restaurant and she didn't want her hair to get messed up.

great write up as always mate, car looks spankers.

Does your Mrs get back trouble?

Cheers mate, car's pretty filthy in all of them but silver hides it well!

Re back issues, none yet.

Car looks fit.

Boobs.

I have the same sunglasses as you.

<3

What can I say? Man of taste evidently. Enjoy the sun you lucky b*****d.

1) Boobs

2) Do you not get bored? It seems like a fairly boring holiday to me. Maybe it's different to what you're used to but "Ooooh. A lake. Oooh. Some fields" Just seems massively dull.

It doesn't seem cheap either. Surely you could have sat by a pool in Italy/Spain for not much different in price?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
All depends what you're into I suppose. I'd much rather rack some miles up in the car and stay out in the middle of no where than go abroad and lie on a beach for a week. I just don't see the appeal in it.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for sharing, Rob. Looks like you both had a great time. I also love the Lakes and look forward to getting up there with the Trophy again soon.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
shushhhhh. i just need to keep telling myself its a different car, different aims.

Tbh i only have it for a year. Z4m coupe after?

I guess. Won't that hurt you quite a bit financially?

Depends what your discount was I guess.

LOL @ planning an exit strategy before you tai delivery though. I knew it! ;)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
1) Boobs

2) Do you not get bored? It seems like a fairly boring holiday to me. Maybe it's different to what you're used to but "Ooooh. A lake. Oooh. Some fields" Just seems massively dull.

It doesn't seem cheap either. Surely you could have sat by a pool in Italy/Spain for not much different in price?

We won't be going again, (I don't like repeating things too many times, but it's been so nice up there it's hard to turn it down for the price). We've done it twice properly, we did it once for a weekend (totally random and didn't stay in the best lodge), but two proper trips.

As for getting boring, not at any point at all actually. I couldn't have got a decent sunny holiday away for week for anywhere near what I paid either. More than double IMO. We generally do this around her birthday and then go on holiday twice in the summer. This year however we're off to Texas for Halloween.

If you're genuinely interested, during the day we:

Went out in our own a boat on a lake.
Went and sat by a lake on a big field, had some lunch, generally sunbathed.
Went to the beatrix potter place (lol)
Climbed up a mountain on kirkstone pass and then to the pub in the middle of the pass for some grub
Spent the day climbing up a river/mountain.

At night we had a few really nice meals out - Local pub/restaurant, lovely steak house, massively posh restaurant, other local pub that there's the picture of.

What with all that and chilling out in the hot tub in the evenings/generally having a drink and laugh we weren't bored at all.

Also her family were up for the first three days.

I'll be the first to admit most of those activities are rather couple'y things, but we are a couple and it's her birthday. TBH I could go with a mate for the weekend just for the driving and country pubs/beer.. It's immense.

Last edited:
  M135i
Nice write up. I've been up to the lakes many times. Where did you stay? I usually stay in Grasmere.

Hardknott and Wrynose pass is also a gem of a road in the valley between them on a quiet day.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Nice write up. I've been up to the lakes many times. Where did you stay? I usually stay in Grasmere.

Hardknott and Wrynose pass is also a gem of a road in the valley between them on a quiet day.

We stayed near a little place called Greystoke, really nice around there. There's so many roads around there, each as awesome as the next. I love how every corner you turn you can find another awesome place to have a blast.

Come back soon xxx ;)

I'll try my best.