ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

10 previous owners??

No i didnt mate was to busy tryin to pick faults out on the car and didnt think to look
facepalm.jpg

It seems you've missed quite a big fault in that case...

Ph 1 172
My 172 has 6 previous owners and it's mint condition, previous owners didnt bother me as these cars have quite a high insurance premium and fixing costs that alot of people dont take into account when buying "just a clio" hence why occasionally they are purchased and then sold a month later. check it's previous mot certificates as well online might give you a little hint if it's been looked after and what work its had done to it around mot time. Also get a hpi check done like everyone else has said

Clio 182FF
My 182 had 5 previous owners, the previous being female and she only had it a month. Doubt she could handle the heavy clutch! Never had any real problems with mine.

Probably worth bearing in mind that due to the financial climate people are chopping in thirsty cars a lot more.

Golf gti ED30+182
who cares how many owners its had :boring: i have had cars for a few weeks and sold em y i get bored easy and like to change lots hence y i have a 182 and 172 sat outside mine at the mo :eek: dont worry about it just go drive the fecker and enjoy it

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Avoid. On something like a v6, or rare marque then yeh, i could understand the number but not on a 172. I'd aim for one with 4-5 at max.

21 Turbo
Avoid. On something like a v6, or rare marque then yeh, i could understand the number but not on a 172. I'd aim for one with 4-5 at max.

I'd personally have said that ought to be the other way around......rare special cars tend to be kept and not ragged for a few months then sold on.
I've never looked at how many owners a car has had in my life, end of the day if I like it I'm buying it regardless of 20arses in the seat or 1. Sods law says you'll have to spend money on it at some point and the number of prev keepers gives no indication as to whats going to break in future.

Only thing I tend to stay away from is 1 Lady Owner cars.........my experience of women drivers is that they tend to ignore faults for as long as possible, spend the least amount of money possible on repairing, bump into things and say 'oh its only a dent it dont matter' and Ive never ever seen a bird with a cloth and polish in her hand.

Mountune Tractor
I'd personally have said that ought to be the other way around......rare special cars tend to be kept and not ragged for a few months then sold on.
I've never looked at how many owners a car has had in my life, end of the day if I like it I'm buying it regardless of 20arses in the seat or 1. Sods law says you'll have to spend money on it at some point and the number of prev keepers gives no indication as to whats going to break in future.

Only thing I tend to stay away from is 1 Lady Owner cars.........my experience of women drivers is that they tend to ignore faults for as long as possible, spend the least amount of money possible on repairing, bump into things and say 'oh its only a dent it dont matter' and Ive never ever seen a bird with a cloth and polish in her hand.

I agree with Ali. Cars like the V6 get bought, used for the summer and then sold on.

My old Scooby had 11 owners, as long as it was well priced and belts done etc I wouldn't care.
CTR's seem to have many owners too.

Last edited:
  ph1 172
I wouldn't worry to much about 10 owners aslong as theres decent history.

I can't believe how many people think a 1*2 is expensive to run or thirsty tbh.:S

Golf gti ED30+182
Could have been passed from husband to wife then to a one of the kids as maybe they could not insure it in there own name lots of other reasons just enjoy it