ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

10.6.5 update with trackpad

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
Have they removed the 3 finger swipe downwards and upwards to go to the top or bottom of pages? wont work on any of my browsers and not in the options. will be annoyed if they have removed it

Something Not French
I take it this is Macbook only, as my iMac 21.5 hasn't had an update, and I can still swipe on my magic mouse. Its unlike Apple to make things worse as time goes on, thats Microsofts job!

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
it used to be on my macbook 3 fingers down and it would go straight to the bottom of the page rather than scrolling down and same for up and now since the new update it has stopped :(

Just checked on this machine (my other one has 10.6.5). This is on 10.6.4, and there are no trackpad options for 3-finger scrolling. There's swipe to navigate, or dragging. Nothing here has changed as far as I can tell.

Does nothing on this MBP dude. Maybe I've missed something but this is on 10.6.4. It's never done what you describe, and has no options to do so. Happy to be proven incorrect though.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
wish i could prove you wrong but since it wont do it now I cant! there is no way i could have had an error for the last 6 months though :D

So. You dragged down with three fingers, and it scrolled instantly to the bottom of a page. Was this in Safari, or Finder, or both?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Im backing you up fuckface, everyone knows the CS rule "two people need to say the same thing for it to be fact"

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yeah because thats my call to make. One day i'll be in charge...ONE DAY!

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
if it has never existed then my macbook has had a fault in the trackpad since day 1 that was extremely beneficial. and yes. 3 finger vertical swipe in any broser (mainly used firefox) and it would be like pressing the home or end button on a pc

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
My MBP is still on 10.6.4 and i can confirm the 3 fingers down shizznit doesn't exist.

smoking crack is bad m'kay

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
That would make sense then. Glad I'm not losing my mind!

Makes sense as the firefox beta also updated yesterday for me.

Try it guys. Makes scrolling down to get to apple chat here a lot quicker ;)

Nah I roll with Safari. Never been a fan of Firefox, and having to download add-ons just to make it do basic stuff. Opera was always my browser of choice for PC, but since moving to Mac, I just stick with Safari. It looks nice and works well. Fin.