ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1 more sleep...

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
Tomorrow's the big day guys - finally pick up my new Nimbus 197 tomorrow. Really excited but determined not to rag the **** of her right away. I'm going to try and run her in for the first 600 or so miles and then open her up.

Got my reg today - FP07 - I'm guessing that it was registered in Paris going by that and the fact it's an import so easy enough to spot by any Scottish/Glasgow owners on here.

Going to give the car a complete wash/polish with Meguiars on Saturday evening and then I'll get some pics up. Any East end/South side owners see me about gimme a flash.

Going to head to Callender with my girlfriend on Sunday - love that drive!!

Cheers,

Martin

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
girlfriend lives in Giffnock so I'm usually in that neck of the woods/Shawlands etc.

190 BHP Willy 2
Picking it up on friday the 13th......

Only kidding i bought my current car on fri 13th and its been fine.

C

clio172cup20

Nice one mate, I'm waiting to pick up my car on Sat!! Exciting feeling isn't it!!
You wont sleep mate ;)

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
don't say that lol - it's crossed my mind.

Defo will have problems sleeping tonight. What are u getting on Saturday mate? I see you have a boxster - love them!

C

clio172cup20

Will do - Thanks!!
You enjoy the 197 mate!! Best colour IMO
Good choice!!

Enjoy - Be safe ;)

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
Finally got it guys - absolutely love it. Only thing is just before I come to a complete standstill at lights or whatever, I SOMETIMES have a whale-like sound (all I can compare it to) which seems to be from the left brake but I'm not 100%. It's just before I come to a total stop and it's pretty loud. Car's new so no build up on discs as I've checked.

Any ideas? cheers

ps. ill get pics up later

Martin

You ned to bed it in hard anyway .

In the first 25 miles or so get th engine warm and then boot it up the rev range and let it come down on its own a few times to bed the pistons rings in them after a few hundred miles change the oil idealy.

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
Here we go guys:
Very Pleased with the car. I didn't get what I believe is an ash tray with the car - the plastic container that sits in the glove box? I don't smoke so it's not an issue anyway. The car is immaculate and these pics were taken after a good 2 hours of cleaning. I filled her up with BP super at 99.9p per litre at a total cost of £45.50 for almost a full tank.
I've been sticking to the Reanult guidelines of under 3.5k revs for the first 600 miles or so but I've opened her up a few times tonight as the temptation was too great! Seats are very supportive if a tad on the high side and the steering wheel feels nice and chunky to hold. The steering feels a lot heavier at higher speeds compared to my civic sport but the turning circle is soooo much better.
Brakes excellent and I'm sure they'll get even better as the miles go up. Engine/exhaust noise is pretty ordinary at normal speeds but on the occasions I opened her up tonight, the noise was superb. The amount of looks and compliments I've had already has been staggering if a tad embarassing lol. Speedo takes a bit of getting used to as it's smaller than in my civic but everything's well laid out. Could do with a few more cubby holes inside the 'cockpit' but all in all pretty good.
Car has a real sense of a wheel at each corner if you know what I mean and I'm looking forward to chucking her about now and again as the engine loosens up.

Cheers, Martin
P4140149.jpg

P4140153.jpg

P4140146.jpg

P4140145.jpg

BMW E46 330i Touring
Looking good mate, have to say these have grown on me to the point where I'd have one if I could afford it.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
looking good, but if that ring sticker is not earned, remove it now.

I was just gonig to make that quote about the ring sticker.

I like the 197's, you don't see many around though.

al

ST on the way...
As long as a ring trip is planned, we'll let you off ;)

Looks very nice tho fella, really growing on me :D

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
cheers all

as for the ring sticker - no I haven't been and no I won't be removing it
;-)

I would lower the car but Renault have confirmed that this will invalidate certain aspects of the warranty and I'd rather not take the chance. Wouldn't mind rear tints though.

Martin

cheers all

as for the ring sticker - no I haven't been and no I won't be removing it
;-)

I would lower the car but Renault have confirmed that this will invalidate certain aspects of the warranty and I'd rather not take the chance. Wouldn't mind rear tints though.

Martin

I woulnd't worry about warently.

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
I've been informed by RUK that lowering the car will invalidate all warranty claims relating to having this done. I'd rather not take the chance

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've been informed by RUK that lowering the car will invalidate all warranty claims relating to having this done. I'd rather not take the chance

Lower it, then if (more like when) something breaks put the standard springs on :) job done.

Loads of people on here have had serious suspension parts changed whilst on coilovers. Delaerships don't care they get paid by Renault UK for the work.

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
Thanks again guys - where do you live alan?

I should really get a cliosport sticker

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
sure do alan - should meet up some time or get a wee mini meet sorted - I used to work part time in Bothwell and only live in Mount Vernon myself.