ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 16v upgrades

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
i have a clio 1.6 16v rsi what cheap angine up grades ar there?

would it be possible to use parts from the 1.8 16v moter in the laguna as it looks identical.
would the cams be diffrent ?
or is it just a board out 1600?

would the top 1/2 of a 172 inlet manifold fit with trottle bodie bigger boar plus moves it away from the exhaust manifold.

dose anyone do cams or 4 branch manifold for the rsi?
also is there a throttle boddie kit out for an rsi? or turbo kit?

if your going to tune the K4M engine then you need a big wallet. It is a very good base engine but it needs a lot of money spending on it to get the power out of it.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
whats the main diss advantage? the managment?

would love to fit throttle boddies.

the just sound awsome built a vauxhall ecotec with throttle boddies im also building a nova redtop with throttle boddies.
would love to have my rsi on throttle boddies too.

M

mini-valver

I'm running catcams and Vems ECU in mine.

www.catcams.be

The stock bottom end is good for 7500 rpm (mines set there). See my project thread for info!

ITB'd MK1
remembered about this thread when i spotted a 1.6 16v twingo in a mag today. The inlet looks a huge improvement over the old over the exhaust manifold throttle assembly. Doubt there's many about, but worth looking into maybe

White Sti Hatch
Im looking out for a smashed Twingo RS but they will be few and far between for a good year or two so i can scavange some bits from it for mine.....

320d
Im looking out for a smashed Twingo RS but they will be few and far between for a good year or two so i can scavange some bits from it for mine.....

Bloody hell mate theres only a handful off the forcourt. Although atleast one or two will go over winter. Grab the exhaust manifold of the twingo rs its so good renault patented it.

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
Bloody hell mate theres only a handful off the forcourt. Although atleast one or two will go over winter. Grab the exhaust manifold of the twingo rs its so good renault patented it.

The exhaust manifold with its integrated catalytic converter is good if you take in account that the engine is able to do EuroV, but that´s all.
When you read the performance data 160Nm at 4,400rpm and 133hp at 6,750rpm you know why.
I also tuned my K4M-720 engine with catcams, F4R-throttle, 4-1 supersprint exhaust collector, 200 cell cat, 60mm exhaust system, a combination of the 57i-hose with a cup airbox and remap and I got dyno-tested 133hp at 5,990rpm and 178Nm at 4,290rpm.
I did nothing to the intake manifold, but this is the next step I plan.

So if I had a Twingo RS, I would get a 182 exhaust-manifold (4-2-1) with cat, weld a K4M-specific flange-plate to it and install it, believe me, this would shift the torque maximum 1,000rpm lower and 10Nm higher!

M

mini-valver

Mine made 140bhp on RStunings rollers the other day. Power curve is SO SO linear too even with short runners and the wildest cams I can on Hydraulic lifters, lol...

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
dose anyone make a throttle boddie manifold?

my plans would be fit some arp rod bolts 7750rpm limit cams verniers head work throttle boddies mbe managment 4-2-1 manifold no cat and 2 1/4 exhaust system.

to start with then would build a strong bottom end pocket pistions solid valve train lightend flywheel uprated clutch and gearbox.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
vauxhall can get there 1.6 16v (16xe) to 220bhp 14l0bft running throttle boddies .
engines a close match to the renault 1.6 16v.

320d
Shame its a ball ache to tune isnt it. I mean the engine in the saxo vts/106 gti engines tune realy well with just breathing mods for instance but overall the renault engine is probably more tunable.

there has been little development work done on the renault 1.6 16v engine though, because the renault sport cars have never used it.

not at all. the RSi was just a normal mk2 ph1 with a 1.6 engine. may have had slightly firmer suspension but was far from a proper 'sport'.

2001 clio rsi 1.6 16v
im not sure have an rsi now its a different car all together from other clios iv driven ( apart from the 2.0, which i agree is totally different) doesnt rsi stand fror renault SPORTS injection

M

mini-valver

Yeah but they make a 1.2 Sport. Doesnt make it a sport orientated car.

The GTi/VTS was the flagship model, the fastest in the range. The RSi, was not.