ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 16V power upgrades...?

Italian 3.2 V6
hey, any1 fitted any of the following? is there a noticable improvment in power?

- http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=381
- http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2436
- http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=232
- http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1568

any1 recomend any of them? only want to get the ones which actually make a noticable difference in power.

want to achieve a good rival to the 133 RS obv going to improve the handling but want to cover this area 1st! also these are not fitting a 1.4 16v, going to be going on a 1.6 16v!

p.s. please no comments on insurance or getting a powerful car in the 1st place please ppl.

thanks.

Cro

Meg'd r27
Im guessing the exhaust and manifold might free up a couple of hp but would get a proper live map to suit and wouldnt bother with the viper, ive never heard anything good about them tbh

Italian 3.2 V6
ok cool thanks, i was thinking the same on the viper. whats the crack with a "live" map? whats the difference between that and a normal one?

Italian 3.2 V6
im not exactly aiming for 130+bhp, tht will cost tooo much, just wana get into to mid 120s and loose weight and get the right chasis setup and i think that will give some good compitition to cars simuler to the 133RS etc etc

M

mini-valver

You'll need at least a set of cams to be hitting 125 mate! Not an easy engine to tune cheaply.

Evo 6, E92 320d
I fitted a stealth, a noticeable difference? Not really, slightly more torquey and a little more noise.

Italian 3.2 V6
ok what realistic bhp figure do you think can be touched with those mods (custom remap), not including the viper though..

..plus by loosing around 40kg, surely that will make give it more punch will it not?

M

mini-valver

That manifold doesnt look hugely different to the standard one, you may gain a few ft.lb of torque and a couple of HP, a cat-back system and a remap...... Maybe you'll see 115-120? Lose 40kg and you'll be just under a ton so it wont be slow and the driveability will be much better. The standard inlet is cack though and the cams are sooooo mild. Not very bumpy sticks.

Italian 3.2 V6
.. would maby focusing just on cams and inlet instead, would that be a better option? as a rough guess what kind of money are we talking for cams and inlet?

..but if they are to expensive then im assuming going for just the "cat-back system and a remap" would be the next best thing, acheiving it 115-120bhp is still semi decent and like you said the car wouldnt be slow.. especially loosing weight and having correct chassis would be fine i would imagin.

That manifold doesnt look hugely different to the standard one, you may gain a few ft.lb of torque and a couple of HP, a cat-back system and a remap...... Maybe you'll see 115-120? Lose 40kg and you'll be just under a ton so it wont be slow and the driveability will be much better. The standard inlet is cack though and the cams are sooooo mild. Not very bumpy sticks.

M

mini-valver

Cams are £550 IIRC, then they'll need fitting and the car will need mapping. They make sense if you are due a cambelt change as labour charges are basically cut out.

You're looking at about 14-1500 for a set of cams, fitted and mapped. So get your exhaust and breathing mods first, then have the cams done so you dont waste money on a remap, only to have another if you have cams.

320d
Unless you are going to keep the car for ages then i wouldnt recomend going down the cams etc route because you will lose nearly all value because there isnt much of a market for heavily modded 1.6 16v clio's because its not a performance car.

Also after you've declared heavy mods to the insurance it won't be much cheaper if and to a 1*2, although i may be incorrect i'm no insurance expert.

Just imo of course but i'd look at a Custom map, decated exhaust system, then suspension and weight saving mods.

Italian 3.2 V6
ok, are cams + map worth the money, im guessing you have done this... so whats your review on them? a must have?

M

mini-valver

Unless you are going to keep the car for ages then i wouldnt recomend going down the cams etc route because you will lose nearly all value because there isnt much of a market for heavily modded 1.6 16v clio's because its not a performance car.

Also after you've declared heavy mods to the insurance it won't be much cheaper if and to a 1*2, although i may be incorrect i'm no insurance expert.

Just imo of course but i'd look at a Custom map, decated exhaust system, then suspension and weight saving mods.

Flame all you want but, I personally wouldnt declare cams.

ok, are cams + map worth the money, im guessing you have done this... so whats your review on them? a must have?

I did loads of stuff at once so couldnt say waht exact difference the cams made but, the car is completely different to drive. Pulls from 2k rpm, right round to 7.5k without any dips in the power band. Linear power delivery is MINT.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
i wouldn't declare cams either....

Insurance companies will never pay for an inspector to take apart an engine

Italian 3.2 V6
ok cool cool, well thanks you lot, especially "mini-valver" for all your advise. will be moding the car in the next couple of weeks, so will let use know how it went which ever i choose to do.