ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 or 1.5 dCi?

133, 182, Kangoo 182
what kind of mods? performance or cosmetic?

*Ppossible* mods (no performance for a loooong time though);
wheels
exhaust
induction
remap (if dci)
rs parts (bumpers, skirts and grille)
lower

Edit - Though ultimately... if I can't I can't. Those are just what I'd like in the future for my perfect clio. :)

Last edited:
  172 Cup (Iceberg)
Have you told them about the planned mods? If so, as you reeled them off to them they were probably seeing the ££££££ signs flickering in front of their eyes.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Have you told them about the planned mods? If so, as you reeled them off to them they were probably seeing the ££££££ signs flickering in front of their eyes.
Nope, all my quotes are without mods and so far, all from their websites.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
hmm, diesel clio is cheaper for me (21, 4 years driving, 2NCB).

i lied, its not. its £20 more. on the upside, the quote i originally got from elephant has gone done by over £30 since last week

Last edited:
  133, 182, Kangoo 182
I think I done it wrong lol...

picture1kj6.png

Dci 65 1.5 im sure is 35 quid a yr to tax now and will be cheaper to insure than a 1.4. The 1.5dci is a tad slower than a 1.2 petrol but can be remapped to gain on 1.4 performance imo!
Nothing much in it a 65 and a 1.2 16V.
all the 1.5dci models are £35 road tax for a year, 65bhp,86bhp,100bhp,106bhp,110bhp
Nope not all are the cheap road tax
why would renault choose to get such s**tty power out of the same engine (all 1.5DCI's right?) so why diddn't they make them all with as much power they can squeeze out of the 1.5 instead of giving you peanuts to play with (65bhp)
Obviously you don't understand business.

Plus the 100 has the rubish gearbox the 106 has a 6 speed box which won't fit easy in the mk2 clio
Tbh, I'm leaning towards the 80bhp model (or is it 86 as people have said here?).

Anyone know what this can be remapped to?
It came in bothe 80 and 86hp.

the 80 and 86 as said are about 110hp
Just to add the DCIs tax is going down to £20 next year aswell.

Get the 65 if your purely looking for MPG, get the 80 bhp if you want a bit of poke aswell.
I though it was £30

The 80 though should be better mpg wise