ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 to 1.6+ ?

Hey there,

I own a mk1 1.2 clio. Is it possible to get the current engine bored out to a 1.6 or more? rather than replacing it ? How much am I looking at for this type of job?

thanks

Audi TT 3.2 V6
short answer...no

not alot you can do to a 1.2 without spending a fortune and even then youll be lucky to get anywere near 100bhp especially if the 1.2 is an 8v engine

Audi TT 3.2 V6
what about sticking a 1.6 or 2.0l williams engine in there? going to fit or not...

did they even do a 1.6 mk1 engine?

a 1.8 valver engine would fit in there, as would a 2.0 williams engine. iirc someone has also put a 1.8turbo audi tt engine in a mk1 before, pretty sure these are good for about 300bhp lol

lol I think its time for a loan :). What prices am I looking at ? over a grand? and wheres the best place to pick one up ? (breakers yard ;) ? )

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Mk1 you should be looking at - willy, valver or even 1.7 volvo turbo engine.

good call, forgot about that. although i think it was alot of work to get the volvo engine up and running (wiring loom was a ball ache)

1.6 Rotrex High Comp
I am 3/4 the way through my hillpower megane conversion...

1.6 k7m engine
headwork
high compression setup
supersprint manifold
wideband lambda
dastec ecu
loom
hoses

so far 110bhp at the wheels at 5950rpm... the torque is astonishing for such a little motor as well...

call Nick on 01530 273633. Tell him the bloke with the Kawasaki green 5-door sent you and he will go into more detail.

Also, your brakes will die...very very quickly... be aware...