ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

(1*2) Fitting an O/S front ABS Sensor without damaging it?

Sunflower Ph1 172
Had a quick search and couldn't see anything that directly answere my question. I've got to fit an O/S fron ABS sensor for my ph1 before the MOT, and forked out for a genuine Renault part. As it is such a tight fit I really don't want to damage it, and have to fork out again.

Does anyone have any first hand advice on how to fit it into the hub without damaging the sensor?

Cheers.

172/1.2/E30
Clean and grease the bore where it sits in before fitting. Biggest problem is to remove the old ones in one piece.

Sunflower Ph1 172
Clean and grease the bore where it sits in before fitting. Biggest problem is to remove the old ones in one piece.

Well I had to replace the hub you see, and we couldn't get the old ABS sensor out to refit to the car. The new hub doesn't have a sensor, so it's jus a case of fitting the new sensor. Suppose just lost of cleaning and lots of grease needed then?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Run a bit of sandpaper around to clean the hole up if its a cup one that hasnt had a sensor in it.

Use your old sensor to trialfit first to check youve made it smooth enough.

Sunflower Ph1 172
Run a bit of sandpaper around to clean the hole up if its a cup one that hasnt had a sensor in it.

Use your old sensor to trialfit first to check youve made it smooth enough.

Well I'll be giving it a bash this weekend, so fingers crossed.