ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 boys trying to keep up with the 2.0 boys!!!!!

liquidized RacingBlue 182
i almost smashed into a bodykitted 1.2 clio tonight!! thinking he had power to dive in and out of traffic! i was driving along went to the left hand lane to go left and he was in right hand lane to go straight on, i came along by traffic as there is nothing in ma lane and hey presto that 1.2 dives out in front of me i slam on ma breaks and just miss the complete nob!!! i blasted ma horn as he almost kissed my new year goood by!!! just wish they wood drive they way a 1.2 shood be!!!!

not that i have anything against 1.2s lol :p:p:p RANT over grrrrrr lol:rasp:

ex Clio 172 owner :(
I used to have a Saxo VTS. Quick car.

People on the Saxo website used to go on about 'VTR attitude'.

Basically it was people with VTRs with a chip on their shoulder thinking their attitude or driving skill could make them as quick as a VTS.

Top and bottom of it is that they will drive like pillocks in order to 'keep up' with a faster car who is simply cruising along.

Drivers of faster cars tend to be more mature drivers as they've had to work their way up and thus more experienced, seen it all before and don't generally drive like loonies to prove some insignificant point.

Also, faster cars tend to be better equipped safety wise and handle better.

lol anyway....

typical 172 boys- think their better than everyone.

Only jokin lads ;)

I dont drive like that. People who do drive like that in smaller engined cars like mine, like u say are nobs. Totally agree with u on that. I mean what are they trying to prove, i wouldnt dream of trying to race a 172 cuz i know id just get taken to the cleaners, so why do so many people with 1.2's try and race u?

yeah i know what you mean i've got a 1.2 and you see stupid a$$ hools with a big bore which they think gives them a super power boost screaming their way past other cars and you can hear the engine screaming making them look even more stupid as a more powerfull car glides past which is why i take the laid back approach:cool: untill i can get a more powerful car (ie 1.6, 172, 182)

sorry for the long post :rolleyes:

172Petey

I used to have a Saxo VTR, I didnt drive like a prick! In now have a CUP an still dont!

I know you were joking but for anyone else, I don't think I'm better than anyone else.

I've worked hard and worked my way up (K reg 1.4 RT, X reg Saxo VTS, 53 172) as I expect other smaller engined car owners will do.

On the point of exhausts, it does make me smile seeing a small engined car 'flying' past with his loud exhaust.

To me, I'd rather an exhaust sound as quiet as possible so that it doesn't look I'm giving my car everything it's got just to get past another car.

I used to have a Saxo VTR, I didnt drive like a prick! In now have a CUP an still dont!

Obviously it wasn't everyone with this so called VTR attitude. It was just my interpretation of what it meant. It was b*ll*cks basically.

Chocolate Bar™
people drive like dicks generally, not just people in lower engined cars, so cant really label people with 'low powered engine attitude' etc etc.

I drive much more like a dick in my 172 than i did in my 1.2 ;)

Ok maybe I was generalising somewhat which was why it was italisised. However, I personally tend to see smaller engined cars driving like loons.

No more clio's for me!
people drive like dicks generally, not just people in lower engined cars, so cant really label people with 'low powered engine attitude' etc etc.

I drive much more like a dick in my 172 than i did in my 1.2 ;)

Have to agree with mark here...when i had my 1.2 dynam, i drove quite conversatively (sp), but now i have the mighty power of the 172, its the go fastest pedal all the way. :)

al

ST on the way...
There will always be people in lower engined cars trying their luck.

I had a 1.2 chav/mudflap jobbie trying to cut in front of me this morning, didn't get in tho ;) surprising really as I was in one of our works hiace vans :S

clio 1.4 petrol
haha aye in like 2 week period after just passing my test I had a (corsa, clio, punto) all try to race me. Luckily enough im in a 1.4 and i think they were 1.2 so they got gubbed. :p

silver cup packed FF 182
ive had a few 1.2 clios try it on with me before in my 182 but i just dont bother,like i used to have a vts and use to get 1.1 saxos try it on but wasnt worth using the power from your right foot lol

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
never had a race in my 1.2, never had any one try , within 2 days of having my 172 i had had 2 races. scared myself with the pwer but was just curious to see what it could do

1.2 16v Dynamique
I have a 1.2 16V but even I know it;s limits and tbh, I have far too many points on my licence (6) to drive like a muppet anymore.

Remember when I had my RST Esscort though, used to get muppets in XR2/3's trying their luck all the time, must be a penis size thing....

178hp 172 Cup
i hav a 1.4 pug 206 and i drive it like a 1.4!! slow!! i dont try and race anyone!! why bother!!! however when i drive the 182 i do sometimes hav a play when the time is right and the road is empty!! i wont race but dont mind the occasional b road blat!!

Mazda MX5 1.8
im sure we can all say we've come across some right royal f**king tossers in big powered big cars (BMW/mercedes etc) too so i dont think its got much to do with their engine size

more to do with their brain size and ignorance

Mazda MX5 1.8
hmm yeah i saw a total c**k drifting his evo around the round about the other day then went steaming off through a 30 at about 100 overtaking loads of people with his flamer kit :rolleyes:

all i can say is i hope he dies without hurting anyone else

BMW M3
Sounds like he was just a sh1te driver. Nothing to do with what he was driving or how fast.

I love my 182 but with all respect for it - it aint a fast car! Its far more comparable to its 1.2 counterpart than to a 400BHP+ beast sports car.

clio mk1
i drive a 1.2 with an amazin 60bhp wow lol. an dont drive like a total nut. its the person not the car, any way i think old people are the worst. ps am not sayin their all bad drivers.