ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 8 valve progress thread :)

DCI100
New wheels on my car, pretty happy with them as they look tidy.... plans have changed with the car as at the moment I'm just getting the car too look smart and have good paint work. Back tracking? yes maybe a little but things change :)

Here is the head after its been rebuilt, torqued and the cam belt as been timed. (really easy on this job) but never the less I brought my foreman from work over to make sure it was perfect. (He's very experienced)

IMAG0355.gif

New wheels new bonnet. Glad to say that the darker paint on the sill and under the door isn't really noticeable :)

IMAG0360.gif

IMAG0359.gif

Going to smooth, primer and colour code the side strips tomorrow hopefully. providing my engine runs in the morning which I'm pretty hopeful it will. (There will probably be a few set backs)

Also going to buy some colour coded wing mirrors, front grill, and the sport spoiler for the back. Which are fortunately all the same colour as mine so simply clean up and bolt on. Then its time to save up and get the car lowered on coilys.

Should make quite a difference I hope.

DCI100
Plans are changing vastly with the clio as the time for a car with better mpg is needed ! however don't want to loose my clio so its turning in to a bit of an off the road project....

anyone got anyideas, if i take it off the road, i want it to go fast so i'm think 172 conversion... should be relative straight forward yes????

BG 182
For what you'd spend on a conversion and on the bodywork you might as well buy a 172! Just my opinion of course!

DCI100
Thats a good point mate, its looking pretty smart now i've done a few touch ups on the body work, fitted 15inch alloys next to go on is the 172 spoiler.....

so me being my indecisive self can't decide what to do. keep the body work how it is... (i'll post more pictures soon) and work on stripping down completely inside then struting and stiffening up...whilst looking for a cheap 172 donor car?

could work i suppose.....

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Don't do a 172 conversion. Keep the 1.2 until you can afford the insurance on a car with a 172 engine that comes with 172 suspension and 172 brakes - a 172.

Good things come to those who wait.

DCI100
it's true about the good things come to those who wait.!

and i was thinking of changing the running gear as well? i read a couple of blogs that said the front end was easy enough for all sport running gear? please correct if wrong

BG 182
Yes but at the end of the day it still will be a older car you could keep throwing money at it and what you would spend isn't worth it sell the car and put the cash towards the real deal!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I have the bottom end from one of these engines in my tv room as a table... pistons and crank shaft inserted so people can see how it works :)

DCI100
Plus i kinda don't want to get rid of it :p i think im attached to it lol! but i get what you boys mean... just a shame its a 1.2. if it was a 1.6 or so i'd have been happy to strip it and brace it and lower it for track day fun. But its too slow!!!!! bit faster after rebuilding the head lol!

+ for my own learning as well, as i'm doing an apprenticeship in diesel engineeringm building/fitting/testing is what i do. So from that sense i would like it to progress my own learning :)

DCI100
@The Fatty sick idea mate :) nice table i bet ;) you sat cranking it over while the misses watches eastenders? LOL!