ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16V Toxic Fume Light....

Clio Mk2 Ph2 1.2 16V
Hi all

First and foremost, its brilliant to be an owner of a Clio, great little cars for the price!!!

However, i've had the car 3 months, and the Toxic Fume Warning Light has come on.

From what i've read on this forum, these can be a real problem, but mine has none of the problems, like rough running and stalling, and limited top speed.

The problems i have got are:
1) idling very low, on the 500rpm line.
2) low average MPG on a long motorway run (300 mile round trip to Anglesey, averaged 33 to the gallon...)
3) there is a hole in the exhaust, but after the lambda sensor.
4) Difficulty starting from cold, but gradually getting better.

I am fairly mechanically minded, spending many a time fixing Land Rovers, but not clued up much for electronics

Could the hole in the exhaust be causing the problem?

Any response would be greatfully appreciated

Thanks in advance

​Josh

Best to get it plugged in to a diagnostic code reader to find out the exact cause of the light being on.

Could be a number of things from a lambda sensor, to spark plugs/HT Leads/Coil pack or even the Crankshaft sensor.

Clio Mk2 Ph2 1.2 16V
Hi

Plugged it in this afternoon, and it came up with only one fault code: P0606, ECM/PCM Processor

Anyone any idea what this mean?

Cheers

​Josh

Check on the back of the engine. There should be a black box and you'll probably find it is rubbing against some wires for the ECU. This is common to throw some dodgy error codes.

​You can remove the black box, tape up any bare wires and refit the box or just leave the box off completely.