ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v Engine Emission light - Annoying + Cambelt

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
Really hacked off today. So now it begins, Clocked over to 49k last night. So I thought it would be a good idea to pop down to Renault for a price for Cambelt and mid interval Service.

I got a price of £975. (£575 for the belt alone) - I'm off to Portsmouth this week on business so I'll try to pop into Rentech!

What a rip off! What's worse is my list of things to do is growing. Fast! Only due to the mileage I get done.

My "Exhaust Emissions warning light" has been on for a while possibly a year now. Its developed what Renault told me in August an Injection Fault - Exhaust spitting which is all the time.
On a acceleration while cruising at motorway speeds the car seems to give an electronic brake/loss of power pulling you back. Very unresponsive baring in mind this has only happened 4-5 times over the last year and 6 months of owning the Clio. Yet no effects on first morning start or when warm.
The thing is, it was still giving me 45+MPG on my 90m commute to work so the mechanic even said its nothing to worry about. I'm finally getting annoyed with the light and the awful roughness of the engine, which makes a whistling noise on idle like a pipe has split. This was still the case after the last service.

Any ideas of what this could be? Lambda?

:dapprove:

(My List if anyone is interested - Full Fluid change, Filters, Air Con Regas, Cambelt, Plugs, Leads, Brake Pads/Discs/Shoes, Two front Tyres.)